Week 12 Packers (4-5-1) at Vikings (5-3-1) 7:20pm NBC

ThatJerkDave

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Too much smoke there not to be fire - regardless - the point remains that the cupboard is bare

There's only smoke if you want to buy into it. I mean, he's cut and/or traded numerous Thompson picks already and has been involved in far more bidding wars and trade talks in a single season than we were aware of under Thompson. It's far more likely that he was allowed to stay on as a gentle 'retirement' rather than a straight up firing.

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

A winning record by definition is more wins than losses. If you need to see a chart let me know

Obviously but at the completion of the season, do you still discount the opening game?  That seems unlikely.  Or are you just saying we’re 0-45 against “good teams” (whatever that means) in the 4Q in weeks 2-17?  What if a team starts 1-1 and goes 13-3?

Just now, Striker said:

There's only smoke if you want to buy into it. I mean, he's cut and/or traded numerous Thompson picks already and has been involved in far more bidding wars and trade talks in a single season than we were aware of under Thompson. It's far more likely that he was allowed to stay on as a gentle 'retirement' rather than a straight up firing.

I don't know what you're arguing - I just said you could blame TT or whoever may have been in charge at the time. No one knows who that might have been if true

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Obviously but at the completion of the season, do you still discount the opening game?  That seems unlikely.  Or are you just saying we’re 0-45 against “good teams” (whatever that means) in the 4Q in weeks 2-17?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-clutch-nfc-championship-stat-012217

I mis-remembered - it was only 0-35 as of this article

Take if for what it's worth - I'm not here to lie - as some like to allege

Archived