Alex Smith requires emergency surgery; recovery time 6-8 months

naptownskinsfan

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t buy into that either. The Redskins are big business and VA wants the team badly. I’m expecting the stadium to end up in NoVa somewhere or National Harbor. And they don’t need Bruce to secure that deal. 

Snyder believes he does. I cant find anything to dismiss that notion. There will be a lot of pushback on putting a stadium on NoVA now that Amazon got a big deal. 

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Snyder believes he does. I cant find anything to dismiss that notion. There will be a lot of pushback on putting a stadium on NoVA now that Amazon got a big deal. 

Different counties. Amazon is going into Arlington, the Redskins new stadium won’t be till almost a decade from now and it will most likely go on Loudon county.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Different counties. Amazon is going into Arlington, the Redskins new stadium won’t be till almost a decade from now and it will most likely go on Loudon county.

I don’t think they last at FedEx another 10 years. I think Snyder buys out of the deal early. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think they last at FedEx another 10 years. I think Snyder buys out of the deal early. 

I hope so. As much as I don’t want them to go all the way to Loudon County, I definitely want them to be in a new stadium and be out of the hell hole that is RalJohn!

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

With Smith still owed 31 million couldn't we still add another QB with both contracts combined valued no more that 100 million dollars guaranteed into the QB position? 

It’s better to draft a QB, were not going to get a very good QB for less than $20 mil a year in FA.

They said on Fox it could be 10 months until Smith returns because of how the bone broke. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he just retired and took the $71 million injury guarantee. I’m sure his wife will want him to and if it were me, I would. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Well I still look to trade for Carr with little talent at the QB postion in this draft and where we may be picking in the draft. Cool a rookie contract may be cheaper, but how much is Carr's? How much would he and Alex Smith's 31 million cost us?

Why? Carr has been at best average since he signed his long term deal. We need to draft a QB and have the luxury of having a good to great young QB developing and on a rookie contract.

I want nothing to do with Carr, absolutely nothing to do with him.

The Raiders can actually cut Carr after this season and get out of his contract. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did that and drafted a QB with their top pick.

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Thanks Turtle, do you know the numbers?

If we trade for Carr’s contract, which would not be a wise move bc he could be cut, he would cost more than Alex Smith’s contract next year.

If both are on our roster next their combined cap hit for next year under their current contracts would be $42.9 million.

That’s a huge No! From me!

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

The deal was done at the state level. The commonwealth is giving up almost 600 million. And by the time that happens, Loudon will have a much younger base.

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If we trade for Carr’s contract, which would not be a wise move bc he could be cut, he would cost more than Alex Smith’s contract next year.

If both are on our roster next their combined cap hit for next year under their current contracts would be $42.9 million.

That’s a huge No! From me!

And with a rookie it would be?

8 minutes ago, Slateman said:

The deal was done at the state level. The commonwealth is giving up almost 600 million. And by the time that happens, Loudon will have a much younger base.

Yeah, I understand that. I don’t know why I even mentioned the counties other than it is true that it is different counties, but you’re right, that really doesn’t matter because the state gave swag the tax incentives!

Archived