Week 12: Packers (4-5-1) at VIKINGS (5-4-1)

swede700

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hmmm..What made you like him as a person? The drama, selfishness, cheating on his wife, drug abuse, complaining about practice, indecision? All of the above?

He could be a likeable player, I'm not sure about person.

You can pick and choose any sort of attribute you like (just as we did Mike McCarthy). 

Its one opinion, my man. That's all it is and it is not right and it is not wrong.

13 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya, it’s worked out horribly

pmeDS7p8j

I'm not sure if you realize that most of that damage that Aaron did to the Vikings was pre-Zimmer.  He's only had 1 game above that total given above vs. Zimmer since 2015 and only 1 other above 87.  He's been remarkably average vs. the Vikings since Zimmer took over and was able to establish his defense.  

11 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure if you realize that most of that damage that Aaron did to the Vikings was pre-Zimmer.  He's only had 1 game above that total given above vs. Zimmer since 2015 and only 1 other above 87.  He's been remarkably average vs. the Vikings since Zimmer took over and was able to establish his defense.  

Ooof.  A little bit of fact checking goes a LONG way.

2014 G1: 12/17, 70.59%, 156 passing yards, 3 TD, 0 interceptions
2014 G2: 19/29, 65.52%, 209 passing yards, 2 TD, 0 interceptions
2015 G1: 16/34, 47.06%, 212 passing yards, 2 TD, 0 interceptions
2015 G2: 28/44, 63.64%, 291 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 interceptions
2016 G1: 20/36, 55.56%, 213 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 interceptions
2016 G2: 28/38, 73.68%, 347 passing yards, 4 TD, 0 interceptions
2018 G1: 30/42, 71.43%, 281 passing yards, 1 TD, 0 interceptions

His QBR since 2014 EXCLUDING the lone series in 2017 is 100.85, which ironically only 0.4 points behind Peyton Manning.  Next.

It doesn’t matter what Rodgers has done since Favre. Point is, Packer fans, such as Arthur, are bitter that he didn’t just shut up and retire and had the gall to go to another team, let alone the Vikings. 

Certain posters on this board also suffer from Packer Derangement Syndrome, whereby every current Packer walks on water, is the best at their position, can do no wrong as a human, and the Packers only lose by conspiracy. 

I remember these forums when Favre got taken out in 2010. There were soooo many Packer fans who were practically giddy that Favre was being injured and cheap shotted. It was petty and pervasive. It was like watching a jealous ex boyfriend laughing because the new boyfriend is abusive. Sad, really. 

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

It doesn’t matter what Rodgers has done since Favre. Point is, Packer fans, such as Arthur, are bitter that he didn’t just shut up and retire and had the gall to go to another team, let alone the Vikings. 

Certain posters on this board also suffer from Packer Derangement Syndrome, whereby every current Packer walks on water, is the best at their position, can do no wrong as a human, and the Packers only lose by conspiracy. 

I remember these forums when Favre got taken out in 2010. There were soooo many Packer fans who were practically giddy that Favre was being injured and cheap shotted. It was petty and pervasive. It was like watching a jealous ex boyfriend laughing because the new boyfriend is abusive. Sad, really. 

Honestly, there's some really bad takes in this post.  I could go on, but it's been debunked multiple times that the Packers were absolutely in the right.  No player is above the team.

There was a time when the Packers were my second favorite team.  After the way many in their fanbase treated Brett Favre after he retired, I became so turned off on the organization that they have now sunk to #32 on my list of favorite teams.

On the plus side, it's going to be very enjoyable handing them the loss that ends their season this week.

Like I said last week, I'm more disappointed that this has become a must win. (5 - 4 - 1)

Please... I don't mean to be a downer, but if we are having this much trouble just remaining in the early playoff hunt, while a winning record (barely) is nice, how do you guys expect us to perform against teams like the Saints and Rams come post season?

Sure it would be nice to win this game but I don't foresee any significant improvement happening. It's Week 12. Usually, you know by now what you're team is capable of. It doesn't look good.

But SKOL Vikings anyway, I guess.

35 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Like I said last week, I'm more disappointed that this has become a must win. (5 - 4 - 1)

Please... I don't mean to be a downer, but if we are having this much trouble just remaining in the early playoff hunt, while a winning record (barely) is nice, how do you guys expect us to perform against teams like the Saints and Rams come post season?

Sure it would be nice to win this game but I don't foresee any significant improvement happening. It's Week 12. Usually, you know by now what you're team is capable of. It doesn't look good.

But SKOL Vikings anyway, I guess.

Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Archived