Week 12: Dallas Week, Again...

Ghostnote

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

And Peyton Manning started 3-13 his first year, starting from Week One.  Let them get their lumps in early, have a super solid backup like McCoy to keep their confidence up and also utilize the likely high draft pick the next year as well.  

I'm with this method of learning. You build the OL, and we have the RB. We have the TEs. And all we need is to keep improving at WR and it makes the transition for the rookie easier.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Gruden runs a very similar offensive scheme.  And you could argue Goff just needed to go through growing pains his first year.  

Goff was rated by Football Outsiders as having the worst season they’ve ever recorded by a QB with his number of snaps or more IIRC.  That’s not just “growing pains”. He would have been ruined had McVay not come to the rescue. 

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I'm with this method of learning. You build the OL, and we have the RB. We have the TEs. And all we need is to keep improving at WR and it makes the transition for the rookie easier.

Yep.  You can also build the team around the QB position so when you do draft the QB of the future, they can be plugged in immediately and go from there.  We do need some more dynamic playmakers on offense, but we are pretty close on some of the other talent. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Goff was rated by Football Outsiders as having the worst season they’ve ever recorded by a QB with his number of snaps or more IIRC.  That’s not just “growing pains”. He would have been ruined had McVay not come to the rescue. 

Ok?  Jeff Fisher is awful that's all I take from that.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

You seriously underestimate how much a QB impacts the rest of the game, without it showing up in the stat sheet. Look at the Eagles defense with Chip Kelly as HC vs the defense once he left. Night and day with largely the same personnel. Why?  Mostly because they were on the field far less. When the defense is on the field more, that leads to tired players who make mental mistakes like we saw today. And AP gets more touches if we don’t turn the ball over as much and don’t have to play from behind. 

No. I don't underestimate it. I DO gauge how well the QB plays outside of the boxscore. I was at the first Cowgirls game and he was not playing well.

As for bolded, yes, I get this. But the defense doesn't help themselves either by giving up those long TDs. The defense was porous from the beginning of the game. And then got worse. Its not like they were gangbusters until Colt threw his 3rd INT

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

No. I don't underestimate it. I DO gauge how well the QB plays outside of the boxscore. I was at the first Cowgirls game and he was not playing well.

As for bolded, yes, I get this. But the defense doesn't help themselves either by giving up those long TDs. The defense was porous from the beginning of the game. And then got worse. Its not like they were gangbusters until Colt threw his 3rd INT

The defense was holding their own until the two mental mistakes in the 2nd half. They were gassed. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The defense was holding their own until the two mental mistakes in the 2nd half. They were gassed. 

Dude, come on. The defense was on the field a lot before because this game because the offense couldn’t move the ball. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just want hope for the future. I don’t want another teams trash. Having Fuller, our third round pick, tons of Cap space and a year under Mason Rudolph’s belt would be so much more encouraging than this. 

Ya and ultimately this is why we need a new GM.

Archived