Week 12: Dallas Week, Again...

Ghostnote

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It’s funny because Colt has 3 INTs and has played awful but also how many times have we scored 23 points?

And remind me which QB beat the Cowboys this season after not winning against them for 2 years and losing again today?  Which style of QBing actually wins us games even if it’s not pretty?

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

And remind me which QB beat the Cowboys this season after not winning against them for 2 years and losing again today?  Which style of QBing actually wins us games even if it’s not pretty?

Ok, but honestly who really cares about Smith at this point?  He's going to be 35 entering next season, coming off a very serious injury, and honestly he's never proven he can win games when it matters.  Colt McCoy is a career backup, Smith's return is highly questionable.  We cannot count on either as our starter next year.  We have to draft a replacement QB.  We have no choice. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok, but honestly who really cares about Smith at this point?  He's going to be 35 entering next season, coming off a very serious injury, and honestly he's never proven he can win games when it matters.  Colt McCoy is a career backup, Smith's return is highly questionable.  We cannot count on either as our starter next year.  We have to draft a replacement QB.  We have no choice. 

I’m all for drafting a replacement QB, but I don’t want to have to force a rookie QB to play if he’s not ready. We have to pay Smith regardless, might as well throw him in there and prevent our rookie QB from getting killed and developing bad habits. 

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I’m all for drafting a replacement QB, but I don’t want to have to force a rookie QB to play if he’s not ready. We have to pay Smith regardless, might as well throw him in there and prevent our rookie QB from getting killed and developing bad habits. 

The NFL rules for covering receivers and how they protect quarterbacks basically make that transition period irrelevant.  The only reason to withhold someone for a season is if they are coming from a drastically different offense that doesn't operate with pro-style concepts.  Pat Mahomes, who came out of Texas Tech, is a good example of someone who needs to sit.  

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

The NFL rules for covering receivers and how they protect quarterbacks basically make that transition period irrelevant.  The only reason to withhold someone for a season is if they are coming from a drastically different offense that doesn't operate with pro-style concepts.  Pat Mahomes, who came out of Texas Tech, is a good example of someone who needs to sit.  

Which describes plenty of the offenses in college football right now. Smith has already proven a valuable resource in developing a young QB (Mahomes has given Smith a ton of credit for his development). I would follow the Reid model: draft a QB high that you believe in, sit him for a year behind Smith, and let him take over next year. 

Archived