Favorite Divisional Rivalries

Blazer026

21 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

A lot of 49ers fans don't know about the 49ers/Rams history. They're our oldest rival, but most fans don't recognize that. I think it's a combination between younger fans and also both teams haven't had a prolonged period were they were both good at the same time since the 80's. 

The sosar days eww 

Mine is definitely Jaguars/Titans. We’re either so bad it’s laughable and nobody watches or we’re decent and nobody can score so nobody watches and we argue over who’s pile of **** smells less. It’s so fun I love Jaguar fans.

With all due respect, the best rivalry in the AFC E is probably NYJ/MIA. It SHOULD be NE/MIA - as they dicked all over us, but then we started dicking on them. I can't really hate Miami, because they haven't ruined our season for about 20 years. If our respective dominance overlapped, then it's a rivalry. NYJ plays us the toughest (home AND away), but still...they've only ruined one season of ours recently, and we are .850 against them over the past 10 years.

As a neutral, I always enjoyed the Steelers & Ravens battles from a few seasons back. A pair of tough, hard hitting teams that often played in really close games, both in the regular season and the playoffs. It seems to have lost some intensity in recent years but it’s still up there with the biggest current rivalries.

As a Raiders fan, it’s hard to choose between the Broncos and Chiefs as our biggest rival. In the AFCW, these games are definitely the two biggest rivalries. The Chiefs seem to fare better against us in general, but the Broncos have been a far more successful team than KC in my lifetime. Let’s just say I love when we beat and hate when we lose to both.

Archived