The Game | GOTW | Week 13 | #4 Michigan @ #10 Ohio State

IDOG_det

GOTW  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

56 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bama's gonna make the playoffs whether or not they win their title game because they're one of the best four teams in the country. And the committee seems to favor that rationale.

Could it then be argued (big if) that tOSU is one of the best teams in the country if they blow out Northwestern in the B1G title game? They'd probably be the hottest team in the nation (after Bama) after today's blowout.

I honestly don't know.

Hot because of 2 games? My impression, and obviously it's only that, is they value best 4 while still looking full season, not just past couple weeks. OSU doesn't have the season of greatness to make that argument.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s just weird to me. I’ve seen you guys post that: Good wins > Bad losses

But most of us have also said "resume" is not the only thing that matters. Watching them play does too. And while this is better than any OU win, it isn't like OU is devoid of good wins.

33 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Hot because of 2 games? My impression, and obviously it's only that, is they value best 4 while still looking full season, not just past couple weeks. OSU doesn't have the season of greatness to make that argument.

But it's a blowout win against the number one defense in the country; the number four team in the country, whose only loss was against number three Notre Dame week one.

And in my hypothetical, it would be followed by another blowout win in a conference championship game.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But it's a blowout win against the number one defense in the country; the number four team in the country, whose only loss was against number three Notre Dame week one.

And in my hypothetical, it would be followed by another blowout win in a conference championship game.

Yea that’s how you get the second game. Unless you think your showing vs Maryland was good. He is saying two games shouldn’t make you ignore the rest of the season.  Normally I would agree with that but considering there aren’t 4 elite teams this year might as well go with the one playing the best at the end.  Not like Oklahoma has been impressive either this year.  

Michigan was only #1 in yards allowed per game. Not points allowed or yards per play, both much more important. But Ohio State will definitely be pushing the “#1 defense” claim to help their cause. 

28 minutes ago, PAW said:

Michigan was only #1 in yards allowed per game. Not points allowed or yards per play, both much more important. But Ohio State will definitely be pushing the “#1 defense” claim to help their cause. 

You're right. They were only the fourth best scoring defense in the country; giving up 13.5 ppg.

The Buckeyes haven't played well enough in wins to be too excited for them to be selected to make the playoffs but they can also get hot like today and be a real threat. Defense has been an issue but if the committee feels like they have turned a corner then I could see them believing the Buckeyes are a top team in the nation.

45 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The Buckeyes haven't played well enough in wins to be too excited for them to be selected to make the playoffs but they can also get hot like today and be a real threat. Defense has been an issue but if the committee feels like they have turned a corner then I could see them believing the Buckeyes are a top team in the nation.

Worst case scenario, we won The Ga❌e. And I'll take that over the playoffs every time.

12 hours ago, mse326 said:

But most of us have also said "resume" is not the only thing that matters. Watching them play does too. And while this is better than any OU win, it isn't like OU is devoid of good wins.

In your opinion, who are Oklahoma’s good wins? I see 2. 

I missed Kansas State choking vs Iowa State yesterday.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

In your opinion, who are Oklahoma’s good wins? I see 2. 

I missed Kansas State choking vs Iowa State yesterday.

Iowa St, Army, West Virginia and in the scenario we were talking about Texas in the Big 12 Champ

OSU has Penn St and Michigan and Northwestern in the scenario. I don't care about rankings at the time so TCU and Mich St are not good wins to me.

Archived