GDT: Oakland @ Baltimore

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

18 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

What are we to do about Derek Carr.? I am no expert, but he just isn't getting it done. Jared cook made a one-handed grab on that terribly thrown ball by Carr. The offense has looked terrible outside of a little Doug Martin and Jared Cook. Occasionally Carr does something good, but it isn't often enough for me. I guess we are going to give him one more year, but I don't know if he is the guy to get us back to greatness.

You have to understand one thing the Raiders haven’t 

developed a quarterback since Ken Stabler and Gruden never has.

Carr is by far the best QB the Raiders had since 2002, build a team around him and he’ll do fine.

The second half was brutal and pathetic. Just disappointing from top to bottom. Our OL gave up, no one could catch. The defense did the usual second half melt down giving automatic first downs and big plays. PG has a problem adjusting for the second half.

5 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

The second half was brutal and pathetic. Just disappointing from top to bottom. Our OL gave up, no one could catch. The defense did the usual second half melt down giving automatic first downs and big plays. PG has a problem adjusting for the second half.

Yeah I'm v disappointed in coaching.

Also, it really stings seeing Parker go out there and be so bad knowing we even traded up for him. Like, I understand he is not ready to start. But we did not do anything to insulate ourselves from that risk. Penn was garbage at RT to the point I could have seen him benched and then first in line after that would have been Parker. I can get behind the idea of double dipping at OT in the draft to protect your QB but the plan was half baked. And did they really not think to give the poor guy  help after the consecutive sacks?

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You have to understand one thing the Raiders haven’t 

developed a quarterback since Ken Stabler and Gruden never has.

Carr is by far the best QB the Raiders had since 2002, build a team around him and he’ll do fine.

So you just accepted being in QB purgatory because we've had worse. 

55 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah I'm v disappointed in coaching.

Also, it really stings seeing Parker go out there and be so bad knowing we even traded up for him. Like, I understand he is not ready to start. But we did not do anything to insulate ourselves from that risk. Penn was garbage at RT to the point I could have seen him benched and then first in line after that would have been Parker. I can get behind the idea of double dipping at OT in the draft to protect your QB but the plan was half baked. And did they really not think to give the poor guy  help after the consecutive sacks?

We will definitely need to be active in upgrading the OL  this offseason. Our entire approach since Gruden got here has been half baked. It’s sad but I hope this is the worst we will see. If Gruden has it or not moving forward in rebuilding this team.

Archived