What would you like to see over the last month of the season?

turtle28

Nothing else to hope for now. 

My view of fanhood — which is just me, everyone is entitled to their own approach — has always been that you root for the team to win until the playoffs are no longer possible. By which I mean “mathematically eliminated.” Not “unlikely” or “long shot” or “on fumes,” I’m talking about hanging on until there is actually no path remaining that puts us in the dance. 

After tonight, the football gods have forced me to expand my position to include both “mathematically eliminated” and “just picked up Mark Sanchez off the street and forced to play him the rest of the way.”

Really not trying to be another guy taking cheap potshots at Sanchez. He did an admirable job for the most part tonight, given the situation he was thrust into. But there’s just no conceivable chance left for this team now. 

Hope to lose out, end up 6-10, creep into the back end of the top 10 in the draft. Take (or move up for) a QB if there’s a true franchise guy available to us — I don’t think there will be. But there should be some high level talent at ILB, Edge, CB, maybe a high-riser at WR. Another blue chip talent to raise the roster’s ceiling while waiting for our savior QB to descend from the heavens. 

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Nothing else to hope for now. 

My view of fanhood — which is just me, everyone is entitled to their own approach — has always been that you root for the team to win until the playoffs are no longer possible. By which I mean “mathematically eliminated.” Not “unlikely” or “long shot” or “on fumes,” I’m talking about hanging on until there is actually no path remaining that puts us in the dance. 

After tonight, the football gods have forced me to expand my position to include both “mathematically eliminated” and “just picked up Mark Sanchez off the street and forced to play him the rest of the way.”

Really not trying to be another guy taking cheap potshots at Sanchez. He did an admirable job for the most part tonight, given the situation he was thrust into. But there’s just no conceivable chance left for this team now. 

Hope to lose out, end up 6-10, creep into the back end of the top 10 in the draft. Take (or move up for) a QB if there’s a true franchise guy available to us — I don’t think there will be. But there should be some high level talent at ILB, Edge, CB, maybe a high-riser at WR. Another blue chip talent to raise the roster’s ceiling while waiting for our savior QB to descend from the heavens. 

I’m right there along with you E. I too hate to see the team losing games at the end of the season if they aren’t mathematically eliminated but I have no faith with Sanchez as our QB, throwing to back up WRs and having to do it with 3rd team OGs.

I definitely agree with your last paragraph.  If we can sneak into the back end of the top 10 and get our QB of the future or one of the best ILB, corner, edge rushers or WRs on the board, I’ll be even more excited about what we’re building and our future.

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes

No way

Just my $0.02

The Kapernick thing is purely for the best interests of the NFL. He has no leg to stand on in his collusion lawsuit if hes offered a job here as the backup. Then this crap finally ends.

And frankly, it's pretty obvious that who ever the QB is will need to be mobile.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:13 AM, e16bball said:

Quite literally had me LOL. Nicely played, @e16bball

I just want all the young players out there. Stroman, Perine, Dion-Hamilton, Simmie Cobbs (hopeful call up), Settle, Nicholson, Alexander(if healthy) etc. 

It won’t happen because we have a GM and Coach trying to save their jobs but that’s would should happen. And see what you have as far as back up/spot starter in Josh Johnson. I doubt much but his ability to move around the pocket will help develop someone like Drew Lock or Haskins. 

@MikeT14 - are you telling me that having Washington's corners playing ten yards off the ball allows for easy catches for opponents? Or that the entire Washington gameplan of "always throw underneath and let the receivers run for the extra yards" means defenses creep up on them and don't allow them extra yards??

WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY PREDICTED THAT?!

Oh wait ... this entire forum. Repeatedly. For many years.

Archived