TNF GDT: New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys

Malfatron

tnf gdt: Saints at Cowboys  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 01:20 AM

5 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Just take the loss man.

There's absolutely no need to start trash talking here.

Where have I not "taken the loss"? Do I need to say it again?

I don't mean any disrespect at all to the Cowboys here of course. They wanted that game bad and they took it. Props to them.

Just now, canadaluvsdallas said:

Oh like I mean 0 disrepect to you personally. But like I just so many out of focus stats that are getting pulled from nowhere to justify the saints just got beat by a better executed team.

I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just talking about the Saints. Nothing I said takes away anything from the Cowboys win. 

19 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

This has all the makings of Cowboys slow down the Saints in regular season but come postseason of they face each other again the Saints will roll over them

18 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yup. If Dallas even make it far enough to play in the Div round. 

We won without Tyron Smith, Sean Lee & David Irving. 

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We won without Tyron Smith, Sean Lee & David Irving. 

I think you're getting too precious here. No one is taking anything away from Dallas' win. They still have a lot to do, and a lot to prove is all we're saying. Which is fact. Could absolutely win the Div, but there's still a lot to do.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

It would be a terrible argument. 

Not really.

Show me another game where a team had its defense on the field for 38 minutes to 22 and allowed only 13 points, had 7 sacks and allowed 3.2 YPC. Typically that kind of TOP in a game results in a very, very lopsided score and 450-500 yards allowed. They also gave up zero points the entire second half.

18 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Not really.

Show me another game where a team had its defense on the field for 38 minutes to 22 and allowed only 13 points, had 7 sacks and allowed 3.2 YPC. Typically that kind of TOP in a game results in a very, very lopsided score and 450-500 yards allowed. They also gave up zero points the entire second half.

I think he meant:

You guys held a middle tier offense to 13* points. (*should have been 20 points)

We held an all time great offense to 10* points. (*should have been 3 points)

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think he meant:

You guys held a middle tier offense to 13* points. (*should have been 20 points)

We held an all time great offense to 10* points. (*should have been 3 points)

That's a pretty one-sided way of looking at things.

I could just as easily point out that Beasley didn't really get that first down, and taking away the Saints touchdown is pretty dumb considering the CB was being just as handsy if not more so than Kirkwood, or that if the Cowboys defense had been on the field for the same amount of time the Saints were, they would've given up 300 yards themselves, going strictly by the math.

And I do see your point, that's why I said "arguably". But I'm not sure it's fair to call the Saints an "all-time great offense" when they didn't really show up. I don't think even the most fanatical homer Cowboys fan really believes that the Saints offense was operating as normal in this game.

But if you want to call it a 20-3 win, go ahead. I guess I can't say crap about it until the next time these two teams play.

All praise be to the Cowboys, huzzah, huzzah :D

52 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

I could just as easily point out that Beasley didn't really get that first down, and taking away the Saints touchdown is pretty dumb considering the CB was being just as handsy if not more so than Kirkwood, or that if the Cowboys defense had been on the field for the same amount of time the Saints were, they would've given up 300 yards themselves, going strictly by the math.

You do realize that every first down that drive you guys achieved was by penalty. And the TD was a missed call by the ref. Right?

19 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

Not really.

They obviously played great, but I don't think it's arguable considering the context of the two offenses the defenses faced. The Saints average 34.9 PPG and rack up 396.6 YPG (and these are post-Dallas numbers). The Dallas defense holding them to 176 yards and 10 points is a more impressive feat than anything you could conjure for the Saints defense that withstood a well below average, under-coached, one-dimensional offense; even considering the lopsided TOP. 

I don't see how it's even debatable.

Archived