TNF GDT: New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys

Malfatron

tnf gdt: Saints at Cowboys  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 01:20 AM

25 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

This has all the makings of Cowboys slow down the Saints in regular season but come postseason of they face each other again the Saints will roll over them

Yup. If Dallas even make it far enough to play in the Div round. 

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a little intellectually dishonest. The last two drives we were in the redzone. The final drive we were at the 1 yard line with a first down. We chose not to score. 

It's intellectually dishonest to call it a 'drive' when they started with the ball already in the red zone after an INT. That's not a drive.

Who's with me? We'll put the entire NFL Glossary of Terms handbook on trial. 

Just watched the game.

Actually picked the Cowboys in my pick 'em this week, game went largely as I guessed. NO were due a down game, the Dallas D is streaking and at home. Felt like a trap game.

Most important point, though - a tough, low scoring game is more exciting (to me), than a Rams-Chiefs style 52-50 game. It bums me out that this kind of game is frowned upon by the NFL's marketing team, who just want to push offense, offense, offense all the time.

Makes me sad to think that closely fought 14-10 defensive battles will be encouraged to go the way of the Dodo.

16 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

This has all the makings of Cowboys slow down the Saints in regular season but come postseason of they face each other again the Saints will roll over them

No one is rolling over that defense. No one has all season long.

41 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

No one is rolling over that defense. No one has all season long.

They gave up 24 to the Lions, 24 to the Seahawks, 28 to the Titans, 23 to the Redskins. Those are high numbers considering the love their defense has been getting (not terrible overall, but high for a defense with their current reputation).

The Saints offense had the worst game it's had in 17 years. That's not likely to happen if these two teams meet again. TNF was a perfect storm of the Saints sucking and having a letdown game on the road, while the Cowboys had their most inspired performance of the season at home. And road teams always stink on TNF, so it's not even that unexpected. And it was still only a 3 point game.

I don't mean any disrespect at all to the Cowboys here of course. They wanted that game bad and they took it. Props to them.

The Saints defense was arguably better than the Cowboys Thursday night. Nobody is talking about that because they lost, but they only gave up 308 yards of total offense despite being on the field for 38 minutes. Sacked the QB 7 times, forced 2 turnovers, held Zeke to 3.2 YPC.

If you're the Saints you probably feel pretty good about your defense going forward. The offense has faltered a little bit with injuries to the offensive line and having to rely on a bunch of rookie WRs but they get a 10-day rest after 4 games in 18 days, plus Armstead and Ginn coming back soon.

40 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

And road teams always stink on TNF, so it's not even that unexpected. And it was still only a 3 point game.

Our teams are a 90 minute flight away from eachother... 

32 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

The Saints defense was arguably better than the Cowboys Thursday night. Nobody is talking about that because they lost, but they only gave up 308 yards of total offense despite being on the field for 38 minutes. Sacked the QB 7 times, forced 2 turnovers, held Zeke to 3.2 YPC.

If you're the Saints you probably feel pretty good about your defense going forward. The offense has faltered a little bit with injuries to the offensive line and having to rely on a bunch of rookie WRs but they get a 10-day rest after 4 games in 18 days, plus Armstead and Ginn coming back soon.

Cowboys offense was in-arguably better than the Saints Thursday night. Can we talk about that? That the score should would have been 20-10 if we wanted? 

We also are missing OL. 3/5ths of ours. We have a rookie as our #2 WR. We played the same amount of games over that stretch. 

Im not trying to combative. I am just saying, both teams were in pretty much the same situation across the board. The closest thing to our teams was the score. If our OC wasnt incompetent, we probably win that game by 14 or more. You guys got more first downs off of penalties than ones that you earned. 

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not trying to combative.

Neither was I. I'm just talking about the Saints. As I said above already, no disrespect at all. I don't think it takes anything at all away from the Cowboys to point out how well the Saints defense has been playing as of late (last 4 games: 14, 7, 14 and 13 points allowed, 19 sacks, 12 turnovers)

I also don't think it's disrespectful to make the assumption that maybe the Saints offense just wasn't at their best. I know the Cowboys defense is good, but when you have your worst offensive output in 17 years it probably means you were having a bad game regardless.

Saints just ran into a freight train though. It reminded me of the game we had in 2009 when we blew out the Patriots at home. Sometimes you have those games where the whole place is amped and there's just no way you're going to lose. 

That's all I'm saying. I have no stomach for arguments honestly, it's never my intention to start anything

1 hour ago, Destructo Spin said:

They gave up 24 to the Lions, 24 to the Seahawks, 28 to the Titans, 23 to the Redskins. Those are high numbers considering the love their defense has been getting (not terrible overall, but high for a defense with their current reputation).

The Saints offense had the worst game it's had in 17 years. That's not likely to happen if these two teams meet again. TNF was a perfect storm of the Saints sucking and having a letdown game on the road, while the Cowboys had their most inspired performance of the season at home. And road teams always stink on TNF, so it's not even that unexpected. And it was still only a 3 point game.

I don't mean any disrespect at all to the Cowboys here of course. They wanted that game bad and they took it. Props to them.

Just take the loss man. Man on Man. We beat you guys Tuesday. without Tyron Smith, Sean Lee or David Irving.

Why are there so many excuses ? You are bringing up so many fairy dust stats it's kinda making me sick.

If we waana talk mad hypothetical situations , the game shouldn't even have been close tbh. That one TD with Kirkwood was a missed PI with pushoff. And Dak missed a wide open Micheal Gallup who would have ran in free for a TD. Thats a 14 point lead we had under our control while your one TD came off a sleeping Ref.

Why are we bringing up so many stats that have nothing to do with my team? We played with heart and we beat you guys and now you want to muddy that with murky excuses

Archived