Best Landing Spots for Kareem Hunt?

BayRaider

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

Getting into a fight with a group of guys in a bar is a lot different than hitting a woman in a hotel. It's a non-story for me.

Man, this is really an interesting (bad) take.

In one situation, Hunt (allegedly) threw punches, broke bones and the victim was hospitalized:

"The man claims he was struck in his body and head multiple times and believes he was knocked unconscious. He told police he was treated at the North Kansas City Hospital emergency room for a broken rib, broken nose and multiple bruises and contusions."

In the other situation, he shoves a guy resulting in two people stumbling into a wall, and "kicks" (not even though..) that drunk harlot.

One is clearly far, far more serious to anybody being reasonable..

10 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Man, this is really an interesting (bad) take.

In one situation, Hunt (allegedly) threw punches, broke bones and the victim was hospitalized:

"The man claims he was struck in his body and head multiple times and believes he was knocked unconscious. He told police he was treated at the North Kansas City Hospital emergency room for a broken rib, broken nose and multiple bruises and contusions."

In the other situation, he shoves a guy resulting in two people stumbling into a wall, and "kicks" (not even though..) that drunk harlot.

One is clearly far, far more serious to anybody being reasonable..

No video evidence, NFL is not gonna carr. They only care what tarnishes their brand. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Lol what? Girl wanted to press charges, cops saw the video, they said no. What in the video warrants jail? He lightly shoved her with his foot. 

Now don't get me wrong, because I disagreed with that guy too. But you are jumping to conclusions as to why he wasn't arrested. You have no idea why the officers decided not to arrest him. I mean, it was clearly assault and/or battery by most legal definitions. And he probably should have been arrested, imo. Just not tried and sentenced to time for it.

There are plenty of examples of officers not arresting people who, by all rights, should have been arrested. The fact that the officers decided not to arrest Hunt that night doesn't mean a thing in terms of what he did or didn't do or the severity of what he did/didn't do. But based on the video, I cant believe they didn't arrest him.

I am guessing the woman in question changed her mind and told the police she didn't want him arrested. And that part maybe never made it to the light of day. Maybe they were being overly sympathetic to the big sports star because they knew what an arrest, even for such a (comparatively) trivial matter could do to the kids career. Or maybe they were just derelict in their duty. Because Hunt clearly needed to cool off in the pokey.

Either way, the  people are asking the responding officers why Hunt wasn't arrested. So we might get an answer sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No video evidence, NFL is not gonna carr. They only care what tarnishes their brand. 

Well, the NFL is going to care if it shows a pattern of behavior and getting into physical confrontations.

I don't want to sound anti Hunt. Im not. As a non-chiefs fan I can respect what the Chiefs did. But if I was a Chiefs fan I would be pissed they released him over this. And I think he should (and will) get snatched up. And rightfully so.

But if enough of these incidents (taped or not) keep popping up, the NFL will start to care.

14 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

Now don't get me wrong, because I disagreed with that guy too. But you are jumping to conclusions as to why he wasn't arrested. You have no idea why the officers decided not to arrest him. I mean, it was clearly assault and/or battery by most legal definitions. And he probably should have been arrested, imo. Just not tried and sentenced to time for it.

There are plenty of examples of officers not arresting people who, by all rights, should have been arrested. The fact that the officers decided not to arrest Hunt that night doesn't mean a thing in terms of what he did or didn't do or the severity of what he did/didn't do. But based on the video, I cant believe they didn't arrest him.

I am guessing the woman in question changed her mind and told the police she didn't want him arrested. And that part maybe never made it to the light of day. Maybe they were being overly sympathetic to the big sports star because they knew what an arrest, even for such a (comparatively) trivial matter could do to the kids career. Or maybe they were just derelict in their duty. Because Hunt clearly needed to cool off in the pokey.

Either way, the  people are asking the responding officers why Hunt wasn't arrested. So we might get an answer sooner rather than later.

Because arresting someone is a judgment call and sometimes not as black and white as you think. Cops saw the video, registered their judgment it’s not bad at all, and decided not to ruin his career over it. 

I'd still like to have him on the Lions. There are plenty of players I'd avoid, but he's not one. I sincerely doubt that NFL locker rooms (outside of KC) would refuse to accept him. I honestly think he'd have been fine remaining in KC, but they clearly wanted to make a statement about the culture of their franchise.

I think that's potentially one of the reasons he didn't get claimed too. One franchise made a statement about their culture, and every other owner is afraid to look weak.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Your bias is showing.

Well I'm not hiding it. If we're going to believe all the reported circumstances, her behavior was embarrassing, his was gross and obscene, both can be true.

:shrugs:

I stand by what you clipped out of my post: a hospitalization which included loss of consciousness and broken bones is a more concerning outcome / behavioral trend than what we both saw in the video. Disagree if you want, that's fine.

Either way, it's the accumulation of "events" that are souring the possibility of a comeback / payday. Multiple stories seem to have broken quickly on Hunt. For that reason, I'm starting to think the most likely outcome is a league minimum 2-year deal signing in the spring, a full year suspension his first year back with the rental year after.

32 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Well I'm not hiding it. If we're going to believe all the reported circumstances, her behavior was embarrassing, his was gross and obscene, both can be true.

:shrugs:

I stand by what you clipped out of my post: a hospitalization which included loss of consciousness and broken bones is a more concerning outcome / behavioral trend than what we both saw in the video. Disagree if you want, that's fine.

Either way, it's the accumulation of "events" that are souring the possibility of a comeback / payday. Multiple stories seem to have broken quickly on Hunt. For that reason, I'm starting to think the most likely outcome is a league minimum 2-year deal signing in the spring, a full year suspension his first year back with the rental year after.

FWIW, if a team signs him to a 1-year deal, they own his RFA rights for the next year, with only 2 years of service time.  And if he was suspended for more than 10 games in 2019, his service time wouldn't accrue, and he'd still be on that 1st year of the 1-year deal in 2020, and they'd still own his RFA rights in 2021.   So really, it's going to be almost no push for a team to offer a 2-year deal, at least in terms of guaranteed $.  Normally, a player like K-Hunt would also be nuts to sacrifice his RFA rights for a year 4 deal of minimum salary, too.  But obviously, this isn't a normal situation.

7 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

My guess is that the officers questioned Hunt, the accuser, and the witnesses and believed in Hunt’s story. His friends looked sober, respectful and cooperative, while the accuser was pretty obviously intoxicated. Whatever they attested to must have corraborated with the video evidence which lead the officers to make the decision not to arrest Hunt. 

Archived