Best Landing Spots for Kareem Hunt?

BayRaider

Please do not discuss the incident here. This is football related talk. 

If he gets claimed which he probably won’t (teams will be scared after Reuben Foster) then the NYJ, Colts, Raiders, Eagles, and Bears all make sense IMO.

If he gets past waivers I think he will want to sign will a playoff team. Colts seem like a good fit. Bears went all in with Mack, maybe go all in with Hunt too?

Just now, brownie man said:

his contract is too cheap right now

he's gonna get claimed. 

I'd say those 4 not including the Bears

my Browns would be a sleeper as Dorsey drafted him 

Nick Chubb is a Top 5 RB though, can’t see why they would want Hunt too. Greedy...

If he gets through waivers, and becomes a free agent, he's likely not going to sign until next off-season when the market opens. At that point, I think he's going for the best deal available, so it'll be the same suitors who are in on Bell (except those out because of the incident). Jets. Colts. Eagles could be in play ( though it would make sense for them monetarily to claim him).

Side question, maybe @Broncofan can help me out. If he clears waivers, are there are any restrictions financially speaking on the deal that he can sign, or is he a true free agent? Amazing that the result of this could see him going from a third round pick salary during years 3 and 4 to multiple millions

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If he gets through waivers, and becomes a free agent, he's likely not going to sign until next off-season when the market opens. At that point, I think he's going for the best deal available, so it'll be the same suitors who are in on Bell (except those out because of the incident). Jets. Colts. Eagles could be in play ( though it would make sense for them monetarily to claim him).

Side question, maybe @Broncofan can help me out. If he clears waivers, are there are any restrictions financially speaking on the deal that he can sign, or is he a true free agent? Amazing that the result of this could see him going from a third round pick salary during years 3 and 4 to multiple millions

Kinda didn’t realize that this actually turns into a early pay day for Hunt if no one claims him...

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Kinda didn’t realize that this actually turns into a early pay day for Hunt if no one claims him...

True. He is not going to get a "pay day" per say IMO, but at the very least he'll get a 1 or 2 year "prove it" deal which will no doubt net him much much more than those remaining 2 years on the rookie contract.

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Please do not discuss the incident here. This is football related talk. 

If he gets claimed which he probably won’t (teams will be scared after Reuben Foster) then the NYJ, Colts, Raiders, Eagles, and Bears all make sense IMO.

If he gets past waivers I think he will want to sign will a playoff team. Colts seem like a good fit. Bears went all in with Mack, maybe go all in with Hunt too?

Colts would be a surprise since they rarely pick up players with a controversy, even though they need a RB the most. Jets are in NY and would get buried if they picked him up after Josh Brown incident hurt the Giants image. Smaller market teams like the Titans, Bucs, Dolphins might make more sense.

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Given what teams will find out by Tuesday I’m guessing someone claims him.   Without derailing thread I suspect 1 team will see this isn’t DV and will use that angle.  And will withstand the PR firestorm.   We will see. 

If he clears though AFAIK as per CBA he’s a true FA.  

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's a free agent. There are no restrictions.

The Jaguars would be wise to claim him lol. He gives them excellent insurance for Fournette, and he's good enough that they can even throw a 2-back set with both of them in there. It also allows them to cut Hyde, saving them nearly $4M in an already tight-cap year.

Archived