Best Landing Spots for Kareem Hunt?

BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

Why would you wish that on him? 

Just going through the waiver order. Also believing that the earliest he plays again is next year. Cleveland has Chubb, may not want to deal with the backlash given the other drama they have had with hue, haley, FO, etc. Giants have Barkley. The Colts would be an option, but I think someone mentioned in the other thread that they have been very picky on off the field stuff and having clean players. I don't know how true that is, just rolling with it. Texans could make a lot of sense, especially given that they are in the run for the playoffs, but if I don't think he's going to play this year, that really doesn't matter, and Miller has largely been okay this year I thought and next year F'oreman is back. Broncos have Lindsey who has played great, and they have Freeman, whom has been just a bit disappointing, sure, but Lindsey makes up for that. 

The Jets were supposedly in on Bell, are clearly trying to find marquee running back help, they aren't playing for anything this year so it's a future gambit. Not sure what their stance is in situations like that, but it's the most likely fit out of those first teams in my opinion, though I wouldn't be shocked if any of those teams *did* put in the claim.

I wonder if their is a contender who could beat the Chiefs, maybe even did beat the Chiefs, who traditionally loves to use pass catching running backs out of the backfield. Someone who probably could exploit Andy Reid as a HC and has success against young QB's. Doesn't ring a bell. 

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Everybody in the other thread:

"Disgusting."

Everybody in this thread:

"Ya know...MY team could actually use a RB."

This issue in a nutshell 😂

To be honest, as we get further away from the initial shock value.....I suspect you will see this thread's perspective prevail.  And not just from the fanbase of the 1 team that claims him.

14 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I wonder if their is a contender who could beat the Chiefs, maybe even did beat the Chiefs, who traditionally loves to use pass catching running backs out of the backfield. Someone who probably could exploit Andy Reid as a HC and has success against young QB's. Doesn't ring a bell. 

I could see Bill putting a claim in. I don’t think the media will rip the Pats apart, they love Bill. And even if they do, I still think Bill is p***** at Kraft for keeping Brady over Jimmy.

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just going through the waiver order. Also believing that the earliest he plays again is next year. Cleveland has Chubb, may not want to deal with the backlash given the other drama they have had with hue, haley, FO, etc. Giants have Barkley. The Colts would be an option, but I think someone mentioned in the other thread that they have been very picky on off the field stuff and having clean players. I don't know how true that is, just rolling with it. Texans could make a lot of sense, especially given that they are in the run for the playoffs, but if I don't think he's going to play this year, that really doesn't matter, and Miller has largely been okay this year I thought and next year F'oreman is back. Broncos have Lindsey who has played great, and they have Freeman, whom has been just a bit disappointing, sure, but Lindsey makes up for that. 

The Jets were supposedly in on Bell, are clearly trying to find marquee running back help, they aren't playing for anything this year so it's a future gambit. Not sure what their stance is in situations like that, but it's the most likely fit out of those first teams in my opinion, though I wouldn't be shocked if any of those teams *did* put in the claim.

Just realized that this is not the waiver wire order. After week three, it goes based on the current year standings. So I guess 49ers are 1, Cards are 2, Raiders are 3, etc etc. I think my pick would still be the Jets, but I think the Raiders would certainly give this some thought. The jets are still at 6 or so, I think, so they are still in prime position to nab him. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I could see Bill putting a claim in. I don’t think the media will rip the Pats apart, they love Bill. And even if they do, I still think Bill is p***** at Kraft for keeping Brady over Jimmy.

If they legitimately hadn't just brought Burkhead back from IR and spent a 1st round pick on Michel and still had James White, I could maybe see it.  Maybe they put in the claim figuring he's going to stay on the Commissioner's Exempt List for the remainder of the season, they can let Burkhead walk, and sort things out when White's contract is up, but I'd have my doubts about the Pats to be honest.

One thing we have to consider is that while Hunt is a talented RB he literally fell into an ideal situation for his skill-set with Reid and his offense.  Even if we make the, what may be looking like a safe, assumption that the PR blowback from this is minor for the claiming team, I'd still suspect you're not going to see potential lame duck GM's or maybe even teams with lame duck HC's (this is a little more debatable) quite so willing to make that claim.  Also wouldn't be surprised to see a team come out of left field on this - I could see someone like Buffalo being a real possibility  - seeing it as an opportunity to shed a bulky existing RB contract in the offseason.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Everybody in the other thread:

"Disgusting."

Everybody in this thread:

"Ya know...MY team could actually use a RB."

This issue in a nutshell 😂

The Ravens could absolutely use a good RB. 

But, no.

I don't think he plays this season. Probably does next year.

Something I learned tonight... The waiver order is the current draft order and resets every week after week 3. Which means it's Niners #1 and raiders cards 2 and 3. 

There will be multiple claims for him, I have no doubt. 

Chiefs are going to regret this in a big way when he continues to preform for the next 6+ years. 

I doubt this was a popular move in the locker room. 

I just watched the niners get crushed when the team woke up to the Ruben Foster news... Coming off a bye against the worst team in the NFL now? Feels like the chiefs may drop a game honestly... 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I just watched the niners get crushed when the team woke up to the Ruben Foster news... Coming off a bye against the worst team in the NFL now? Feels like the chiefs may drop a game honestly... 

No chance imo. It would be great to see and I would happily lose a couple draft slots to beat KC this weekend, but it simply won't happen. KC is too good and we are too bad.

34 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No chance imo. It would be great to see and I would happily lose a couple draft slots to beat KC this weekend, but it simply won't happen. KC is too good and we are too bad.

I don't know. I was all aboard that train before they cut hunt. I thought chiefs -14 was the easiest move of the weekend. Just felt like the raiders would get steam rolled. 

Im not as sure as I was. The fact this happened on a Friday is better than it happening 12 hours before a game like it did with foster, but I still think this is a jolt to the team and the fact they are such heavy favorites on the road means the human element may make them overlook this game. 

I mean, they had practice today in Kansas City? I know flying west is so much easier than east but that is surprising

Also I think the new cba rules can negate the bye weeks because guys get so much off time and can lose momentum. If the chiefs show up, then they aren't going to lose, but they might just have lost their mojo... We will see 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Just realized that this is not the waiver wire order. After week three, it goes based on the current year standings. So I guess 49ers are 1, Cards are 2, Raiders are 3, etc etc. I think my pick would still be the Jets, but I think the Raiders would certainly give this some thought. The jets are still at 6 or so, I think, so they are still in prime position to nab him. 

No way in HELL the Raiders even think about signing Hunt. No owner in the league is more black and white and against DV situations. It's been that way since the Biletnikoff incident and Mark has reiterated his stance on it consistently for years. Kareem Hunt will never be a Raider as long as Mark is owner.

Archived