Best Landing Spots for Kareem Hunt?

BayRaider

I'm still praying the idiots who manage the Chiefs realise that they've made a horribly short-sighted mistake and fight to get him back. You don't just throw away a rare talent like that. We are so screwed, the football gods will show no mercy...

18 minutes ago, Shake said:

I'm still praying the idiots who manage the Chiefs realise that they've made a horribly short-sighted mistake and fight to get him back. You don't just throw away a rare talent like that. We are so screwed, the football gods will show no mercy...

Zero chance Hunt ever plays again for the Chiefs.

I do think they should have at least waited until next week to make a final decision and not precipitate their decision like that.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That's my understanding 

I read somewhere that it's usually a 24 hour period, but that when a player is released over the weekend it goes through after all games have been played that week. 

Makes sense, so a team that plays on Monday doesn't have to make a roster move for a guy that will certainly not play that night. 

I was already pretty ticked off we didn't draft hunt or kamara (literally traded that pick to the saints) and we are about to pass on him again! 

Breida and hunt would pair extremely well together. Garoppolo, kittle and one more WR would make a very potent offense considering our OL is excellent at run blocking

Per Rotoworld:

The Athletic's Nate Taylor reports Kareem Hunt is expected to be suspended the first six games of the 2019 season.

The NFL's investigation into Hunt won't be concluded until the offseason. He'll spend the rest of this year either out of the league or on the Commissioner Exempt List if he gets claimed off waivers. The optics of Hunt's situation have him in a bad spot with teams. Hunt may have to wait for the league to hand down discilpine, but we expect him to resurface.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Per Rotoworld:

The Athletic's Nate Taylor reports Kareem Hunt is expected to be suspended the first six games of the 2019 season.

The NFL's investigation into Hunt won't be concluded until the offseason. He'll spend the rest of this year either out of the league or on the Commissioner Exempt List if he gets claimed off waivers. The optics of Hunt's situation have him in a bad spot with teams. Hunt may have to wait for the league to hand down discilpine, but we expect him to resurface.

Wouldn’t he get credit for time served this season though?  So that would make him eligible to play in Week 2 of the 2019 season since he would have already served 5 games this season

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. He would be crazy with a few teams (NE, SEA, LAR, etc) but I really think someone nabs him in the top 10 for the waiver order. 

Well, with Gurley in LA, I doubt he'd get enough touches to put up massive numbers. ;)

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

Wouldn’t he get credit for time served this season though?  So that would make him eligible to play in Week 2 of the 2019 season since he would have already served 5 games this season

No, I don't think so. He's paid while he's on the Exempt List.

Any team that needs a RB should claim him. The incident was not as bad as the headlines make you believe. He would still be a Chief today if he didn't lie to the team. He likely won't be eligible to play until 19 but any team that claims him would have him for 2 more seasons on his rookie contract and he's legitimately a top 2-5 back in the NFL.

Archived