Best Landing Spots for Kareem Hunt?

BayRaider

As cool as it’d be having someone at Hunt’s level in our backfield, I don’t want him on the Patriots.

Strictly from a football perspective, I think the Chargers, Bears, Packers, Skins, and Texans would be smart to bring him in. All playoff/playoff contending teams, doesn’t make sense for a team to give up their morals in a sense unless there’d be some real gain.

Chargers could afford to have Gordon rest and still have a 1-2 with Hunt and Ekeler (might even be an improvement). Taking away from the division leader and adding to your squad could be a big swing. 

Jordan Howard hasn’t had a good season. Cohen is a great pass catcher but he’s not the full-time guy. Hunt is more dynamic and can catch the ball along with Cohen. Couldn’t get a much better backfield than that.

No explanation needed for Green Bay. McCarthy might actually let the run game get some opportunities if he had someone of Hunt’s caliber.

Washington might make the most sense if only because they already sold their soul. AP is playing well for a guy his age, but he’s nowhere near Hunt right now. They might want to cling onto their slim playoff hopes.

Texans, no brainer. Hunt and Miller with Watson, Nuk, and DT? Please just get them an offensive line. 

I'm thinking he is going to get claimed by the Raiders. Of course, I would want the Jets to claim him. But I don't see the Jets as the type of team that takes chances like this.

Most teams would be a good situation for him and the team. 

I'm a bit surprised the Chiefs cut him. 

48 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What’s the waiver order?

After week 3 it goes by worst to best standings. I don't know the tie breakers but I assume its SOS

1. San Fran

2.Arizona

3.Oakland

4. NY Jets

5. NY Giants

6. Jacksonville

7.Atlanta

8. Detroit

9. Buffalo

10.Tampa Bay

11.Green Bay

12. Cleveland

13. Miami

14. Tennessee

15. Denver

16. Philly

17. Cinnci

18. Indy

19. Washington

20. Seattle

21. Carolina

22. Baltimore

23. Minnesota

24.Dallas

25. Pittsburgh

26.Chicago

27. Houston

28. LA Chargers

29. New England

30. Kansas City

31. New Orleans

32. LA Rams

1 hour ago, blizofoz45 said:

Don't get your hopes up. Don't be surprised if the Chiefs get similar production from someone else.  That probably won't stop other "organizations" and I use that term loosely, from thinking Hunt's a once in a generation talent who will be the same player on their team.

They may get 'similar' production from someone else but that doesn't mean hunt is not an extremely talented player.

He breaks tackles more than just about anyone else. He is so hard to bring down with those tree trunk thighs 

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Please do not discuss the incident here. This is football related talk. 

If he gets claimed which he probably won’t (teams will be scared after Reuben Foster) then the NYJ, Colts, Raiders, Eagles, and Bears all make sense IMO.

If he gets past waivers I think he will want to sign will a playoff team. Colts seem like a good fit. Bears went all in with Mack, maybe go all in with Hunt too?

He's not going anywhere this year. His year is over, PERIOD! 

Not sure what you mean by "teams will be scared after Rueben Foster"? The Redskins claimed him off the waiver wire. 

I think Hunt is going to be given the "Ray Rice" treatment. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

From who? Ware and West they could never turn into good players. Ware is a good receiving back but a terrible runner. 

Ware has the same career ypc as Hunt.  I'm not saying he's as good but I don't see the Chiefs mortgaging the next draft to try and replace Hunt.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Not sure what you mean by "teams will be scared after Rueben Foster"? The Redskins claimed him off the waiver wire. 

His year might be over but he certainly will play for a team next season.

Doubt it. Teams like Washington with Foster will want control of said player and more importantly his Rookie contract rather then playing roulette hoping he signs on the cheap as a FA.

I was thinking jail! That is where felon's belong and he committed a felony assault. 

Actually if he was charged it would be a misdemeanor assault, not a felony.  And then prosecutors decided not to charge him.  The only thing unknown is how long he will spend in NFL jail (suspended). I'm guessing he'll get 6 games which would be the remainder of the year plus 1.  That would make him eligible to play in week 2 of 2019 which is plenty of time for the pr storm to be weathered.  Honestly the Raiders should claim him bc it's like getting another draft pick.  I highly doubt he makes it to 26, but I would claim him if I was Pace.  I'd have Nagy on the phone with Virginia right now to convince her how deserving of a 2nd chance the kid is.

Archived