16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Can he do the job is all I care about. 

That is the big question, isn't it.

Failed once, as a lot of Belichick coordinators have.  Patriots didn't really miss him much in the time he was gone either.

My personal belief is the New England success is due to Belichick, on both sides of the ball.   I would be a lot more impressed if McD had been a successful coordinator in a lesser program.

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I didn't remember that so thanks! 

Can't defend what McDaniels did and really don't care. Just like the players, most aren't Saints. Most are probably *******s when it comes down to it. Can he do the job is all I care about. 

I agree with you McD had second thoughts and did not take the job. Just like Belichick in ‘99. 

No one was left jobless Eberflus became the DC in Indy, DeGuglielmo is still the OL COACH and Schulplinski is with NE as QB coach. He changed his mind because he did not think it would work and he got more pay because of it. He did what he thought was right regardless of the consequence. Belichick did at the Press Conference via loose leaf paper that simply read “I resign as the HC of NYJ”

My concern with McDaniels is his loyalty. Even assuming he takes the GB job if offered, what would convince anybody into thinking he wouldn't try to hightail it the moment Belichick is done in NE and try to weasel his way there? McCarthy, for all his warts, at least truly loved and took pride in being the Packers coach. You always knew how much it meant to him and the responsibility he placed on himself.

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

All fair points, and clearly what he did with Cutler in Denver wasn't well thought out, however; in hindsight he was absolutely right about the guy. You could be right and he may not be the right guy for the job. 

Wasn't just Cutler, it was Brandon Marshall. It was basically the entire locker room.

Dude traded a 3rd year pro bowl QB (Remember, back then Cutler was good) for Kyle Orton and some draft picks. One of which he turned into Tim Tebow. He did this on purpose. 

He drove everybody in that room insane. Read the comments, "control freak", "overbearing", needing to "flex his authority"

Just now, deltarich87 said:

My concern with McDaniels is his loyalty. Even assuming he takes the GB job if offered, what would convince anybody into thinking he wouldn't try to hightail it the moment Belichick is done in NE and try to weasel his way there? McCarthy, for all his warts, at least truly loved and took pride in being the Packers coach. You always knew how much it meant to him and the responsibility he placed on himself.

Because there will be NOTHING left in NE after Bill leaves. McD himself has admitted he is not sure he wants to follow BB

4 minutes ago, Primo said:

I agree with you McD had second thoughts and did not take the job. Just like Belichick in ‘99. 

No one was left jobless Eberflus became the DC in Indy, DeGuglielmo is still the OL COACH and Schulplinski is with NE as QB coach. He changed his mind because he did not think it would work and he got more pay because of it. He did what he thought was right regardless of the consequence. Belichick did at the Press Conference via loose leaf paper that simply read “I resign as the HC of NYJ”

Nobody was left jobless because Ballard is a stand up guy who made it work with Reich. 

7 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

That is the big question, isn't it.

Failed once, as a lot of Belichick coordinators have.  Patriots didn't really miss him much in the time he was gone either.

My personal belief is the New England success is due to Belichick, on both sides of the ball.   I would be a lot more impressed if McD had been a successful coordinator in a lesser program.

Disagree here.  Brady is clearly better with McDaniels.  Look at his numbers with/without him.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

His contract! There are rules against it and we'd surely get more than the 1st round pick the Raiders got for Gruden when he left for Tampa if that were to happen. This isn't like a coordinator where you can get out of a contract to become a head coach. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wasn't just Cutler, it was Brandon Marshall. It was basically the entire locker room.

Dude traded a 3rd year pro bowl QB (Remember, back then Cutler was good) for Kyle Orton and some draft picks. One of which he turned into Tim Tebow. He did this on purpose. 

Both of those guys turned out to be cancers so I'd say the guy is an excellent judge of character. Also, he's not going to have anywhere near that kind of control in Green Bay. 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sure dude.

Notre Dame is the school that won't let campus police talk to football players who are on their way to or from practice when they're being investigated for rape.

Notre Dame is the school that killed a kid because they wanted the endzone view of a ******* practice.

Notre Dame has no moral or ethical code at all. GTFO here with that nonsense. 

Yeah, whatever dude. Just another hater! 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Both of those guys turned out to be cancers so I'd say the guy is an excellent judge of character. Also, he's not going to have anywhere near that kind of control in Green Bay. 

Marshall had a mental disorder. Cutler was never a cancer. 

McDaniels inability to deal with any player who didn't defer to him was a huge problem, and that's got the potential to be a huge issue with Rodgers who has made it very clear he doesn't mind standing up to his coaches. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Disagree here.  Brady is clearly better with McDaniels.  Look at his numbers with/without him.

I don't think this is as clear as you say.  

Brady had his highest passing yards in 2011 when McDaniels was in St Louis, and his second highest passer rating when in 2010 when McD was in Denver.

I don't see a clear change in Brady's stats while McD was gone.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Marshall had a mental disorder. Cutler was never a cancer. 

McDaniels inability to deal with any player who didn't defer to him was a huge problem, and that's got the potential to be a huge issue with Rodgers who has made it very clear he doesn't mind standing up to his coaches. 

That would make Rodgers the issue if that happens. The coach is the coach and the player is the player. 

Archived