16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Why am I the only one wanting Pettine gone? 

What has he done that makes anyone want him?

Don't even talk to me about he didn't have anybody and everybody was hurt.  We had a pretty healthy team for the early part of the year and still gave up 30 points to the Niners - AT HOME. 

Capers had teams far more decimated than Pettine and Pettine's defense was about the same. 

Hey I listed a bunch of guys I think I'd prefer I've pettine.

Kinda hoping for a McDaniels/Spags combo.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Why am I the only one wanting Pettine gone? 

What has he done that makes anyone want him?

Don't even talk to me about he didn't have anybody and everybody was hurt.  We had a pretty healthy team for the early part of the year and still gave up 30 points to the Niners - AT HOME. 

Capers had teams far more decimated than Pettine and Pettine's defense was about the same. 

For me, it's about continuity. You essentially wasted this year with the players learning his defense if you switch. Now if the Packers are going to change their D philosophy and go predominantly 4-3 or a Seattle type scheme to fit our current DB makeup (which I'dlike to see), then I'm fine letting Pettine walk. But if we are going to run basically the same defense, just with a few new parts, I think you stick with Pettine.

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Vic got a pay raise to stick around last year - he had other HC opportunities last winter
IF he is ever going to ascend to the Throne, the time is probably now

It's New Years Day. I've ascended to the Throne multiple times without a pay raise

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

What I think of Fitzgerald would depend entirely on who filled the OC and DC roles.  I could live with something like Fitzgerald as HC, Gase as OC and Pettine as DC.  I just have no idea what kind of staff Fitzgerald would put together, given his limited ties to the NFL.

I would think that if Fitzgerald became the HC, Mike Kafka would have a role in the offense.  Kafka played at NW for Fitzgerald.  Not sure if he is ready to be an OC, but he is very highly thought of for his intelligence since his playing days in the NFL as a backup QB.  He played with the Eagles, Patriots, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Vikings, Titans, and Bengals so there could be ties to coaches there too.

He also could follow Dave Toub if he were hired somewhere.

5 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If we're all perfectly honest, none of us have a clue who the Packers will hire

I know what you mean and this was a solid write-up, but I'll quit posting here and never come back if McDaniels isn't the next head coach of the Packers. I'm not "bet my life savings" sure of it, but I'm pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I know what you mean and this was a solid write-up, but I'll quit posting here and never come back if McDaniels isn't the next head coach of the Packers. I'm not "bet my life savings" sure of it, but I'm pretty sure.

Ya that’s where my money is too

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I wonder who his staff would be. The rumor is he has highly thought of assistant coaches lining up to follow him here... if he takes the job.

Im curious who this all star group of coaches would be.

56 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'm good with McDaniels .. lets get him interviewed and then get him inked.  He runs a fantastic offense and is very creative.  If he can't spark our languishing offense nobody can.  I really do think he is easily a top 3 OC in this league, and his work with a high profile QB like Brady is a big plus for this Packers job in particular.  I think Rodgers is a guy that will instantly buy in if he has respect for the offensive acumen of the head coach.  Rodgers himself has said he loves to be challenged and coached .. and he wasn't getting that any longer from McCarthy.  I think it's amazing that Rodgers and McCarthy were able to co-exist for as long as they did.  It took Rodgers over a decade of starting to finally want to run McCarthy out of town .. that amount of patience is actually pretty astounding.  I actually think McDaniels will come in and instantly add wrinkles that will elevate Rodgers game.  Rodgers needs some reprogramming, but at the end of the day I think he badly wants to win .. and will take to a new challenge.  He's a gamer deep down, and wants to be the best.  I think a big part of the problems the past year or so is that he lost confidence in McCarthy.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm good with McDaniels .. lets get him interviewed and then get him inked.  He runs a fantastic offense and is very creative.  If he can't spark our languishing offense nobody can.  I really do think he is easily a top 3 OC in this league, and his work with a high profile QB like Brady is a big plus for this Packers job in particular.  I think Rodgers is a guy that will instantly buy in if he has respect for the offensive acumen of the head coach.  Rodgers himself has said he loves to be challenged and coached .. and he wasn't getting that any longer from McCarthy.  I think it's amazing that Rodgers and McCarthy were able to co-exist for as long as they did.  It took Rodgers over a decade of starting to finally want to run McCarthy out of town .. that amount of patience is actually pretty astounding.  I actually think McDaniels will come in and instantly add wrinkles that will elevate Rodgers game.  Rodgers needs some reprogramming, but at the end of the day I think he badly wants to win .. and will take to a new challenge.  He's a gamer deep down, and wants to be the best.  I think a big part of the problems the past year or so is that he lost confidence in McCarthy.

He tends to get the ball out of the QB's hands fairly quickly. Now, will Rodgers buy into that or not? That to me is the ultimate question no matter who we get. Rodgers is turning into what Favre turned into at the end. 

If he buys in, we are going to be one tough team to beat. 

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

That is a tempting offer Anon. However.....based on a combination not knowing the bulk of these HC candidates - not overly excited about this Northwestern guy (who's already dissed the Packers) and thinking we need somebody with the b*** to put Mr. AR in his place - I've decided to cast the past aside (or at least let my opinions rest easy.....) - and let the future decide my thoughts.

I'd prefer McDaniels get hired as HC.

Perhaps you can come up with a second offer? We seem to wandered on to the same destination regards McDaniels - but the allure of your never posting here again....is enticing! LOL :)

Archived