16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It's cool. Relax. There's no "ignorance" going around. I simply dont think AVP's role was that critical to ARs success - and frankly, I dont think AR should (or would) want the outside world to get that impression either.

I mean - on one hand we have a guy thats generally mentioned in GOAT discussions - on the other, that same guy falls apart because some QB coach isnt around whispering in his ear?

Its not a big deal for me - but I dont buy it.

I’m not sure why, but it always seems like when you and I are chatting, we’re always under the assumption that one or the other needs to “relax”.  LOL, that’s a Rodgersism.

We disagree on this.  Cool.  I hope Rodgers gets what he needs to improve his performance; off-season surgery, a shrink, a new girlfriend, humble pie, whatever.  He’s getting an enormous amount of money to be just average.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m not sure why, but it always seems like when you and I are chatting, we’re always under the assumption that one or the other needs to “relax”.  LOL, that’s a Rodgersism.

We disagree on this.  Cool.  I hope Rodgers gets what he needs to improve his performance; off-season surgery, a shrink, a new girlfriend, humble pie, whatever.  He’s getting an enormous amount of money to be just average.

Not a problem. I just think AR used the AVP thing to (once again) ***** about the organization - and subtlety voice his displeasure - as is his way. He's always very subtle about his comments. Unfortunately, when those comments dovetail with real world matters such as - "Why is AR playing so badly?" - it takes off and gets greater attention than (I at least) think it warrants.

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I know nothing about Texas Tech but see the record and assume this is a joke?

McVay wants to hire him, enough said...

USC wants him as their HC too.

hes basically a younger less eccentric mike leach.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/11/27/gil-brandt-says-ex-texas-tech-coach-kliff-kingsbury-already-nfl-offers-table

i kinda want him Riley or Leach

good read

https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/14/17685080/air-raid-offense-mike-leach-lincoln-riley

Kruse:

No idea what the Packers will be looking for in their next head coach, but I could easily see Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur being a top candidate, given his background as a QB and history with Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan.

One name I've warmed up to a lot is John Harbaugh, if he'd indeed be available (not to be confused with his blowhard brother Jim, who has been mediocre at a less competitive level).

Not saying he's a top candidate for me or anything, but I think it'd be okay with it.

He's currently 3-0 with the rookie Lamar Jackson under center. It's not simply that he's winning with the new QB, though, but that he has made an effort to play to his QB's strengths -- and it has been working. Basically, he's doing what Offensive Mastermind(TM) and QB Guru(TM) McCarthy should have done last season when Hundley took over, without even having the reputation of "genius" with offense or QBs.

It'll have to be with a really good OC next to him, but yeah.

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Kruse:

No idea what the Packers will be looking for in their next head coach, but I could easily see Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur being a top candidate, given his background as a QB and history with Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan.

oh no. is Sean McVay going to spawn a bunch of failed coaches because they have a history together. stay away

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Herman:

A lot of people will be upset with whoever the Packers choose as their next coach. There will be a TON of risk with whoever they pick--there are no A+ candidates out there. My thought... take the risk & go for the homerun. If it doesn't work you can reboot entirely post Rodgers.

i agree.

we dont need a metaphorical john fox.

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Good luck keeping up with that list. Every Tom, ****, and Harry will be mentioned sooner or later

As a matter of fact - Add Tom, **** and Harry

off topic, its a good thing that saying isnt "Every Harry, ****, and Tom" 

order matters 

Most of the names on my list I had saved on my computer from a few weeks back. Below are my 10 candidates, five college head coaches and five offensive coordinators.

John DeFilippo, Pete Carmichael, Bill Lazor, Todd Monken and Matt LeFleur were the NFL OCs.

Pat Fitzgerald, Mike Leach, David Shaw, Matt Campbell and Lincoln Riley were the college HCs.

The possibility of any new Packer HC failing is high, so it is fingers and toes crossed time..............

Archived