16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

Yup.  Gotta see if he is interested.

I'm not fan of how he treated Indy either.  And he really decimated Denver.  But...guys have shown to have learned from past mistakes.  If he is interested, we do need to talk to him.  Just like we need to talk to about 10 other guys and see who has the best plan for GB.  I have to think that he would have some perspective on how to challenge and coach a HOF QB.

Plus...we can keep saying Mac.  Only make it Mc.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Same here ... he's clearly one of the top two or three candidates out there.  We'd be silly not to interview the guy.

And honestly I’m going to guess he is Rodgers top choice. Rodgers loves Brady and ever since Tom came out and said Rodgers would have 500 yards and 5 TDs every week if he had the institutional knowledge he does... I think Rodgers wants that.

Just a gut feeling.

Mike Lombardi wrote the following in his latest column at The Athletic.  It may be why the Packers chose this time to dismiss McCarthy.  

Here's the link to the story, but it's a pay site.  I got a 50 percent off deal a while back .. wanna say it was $30 for a whole year.  It's been worth it.

https://theathletic.com/690841/2018/12/03/green-bay-packers-head-coach-search-aaron-rodgers/

Murphy should not limit his search to just offensive coaches. He should spend time searching the college ranks and find a head coach who understands how to install and develop a complete program. Brian Kelly of Notre Dame, Lincoln Riley of Oklahoma, Matt Campbell of Iowa State and Matt Rhule of Baylor should be a few of the college candidates on Murphy’s list. Kelly is represented by Trace Armstrong, who also represents Josh McDaniels and now former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, which might explain why Murphy felt the need to make the change now. Murphy could not have conversations with anyone Armstrong reps without going behind McCarthy’s back.  So as much as this move screams “why now,” and “why not wait until the end of the season?”  Murphy had to act now in order to show consideration and respect to all parties involved.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Whether you like it or not we HAVE to consider McDaniels as he is one of the TOP head coaching candidate. His record speaks for itself and runs a innovative and balanced offence with strong playcalling.

When Gute interviewed for the 49ers GM position I understand as part of the process he interviewed McDaniels and that they both were extremely close to landing the gig.

Imo I would rather have an NFL co-ordinator to be our next head coach rather than the next hot college hire. Running an NFL team is a different kettle of fish. There's all kind of rules and front office, coaching staff and locker room dynamics that college coaches are not familar with. For a young college coach this can take a few seasons to get used to and I'd argue that we don't have a few seasons and that we need to hit the ground running with a new head coach. There's the whole Rodgers factor and the type of person needed to handle a vastly experienced and cerebral QB with an ego. Thats why a coach from the NFL is ideal.

McDaniels and Charmichael high on my list.

His record does speak for itself.  He single handily almost destroyed a franchise.  Denver required a total rebuild after Josh McDaniels and all his genius was done.  His toxic leadership had a front office and team alienated.  Denver couldn't rid themselves of the cancer that was Josh McDaniels fast enough.  TERRIBLE leader and even worse of an individual.  He's a low character scum bag who's shown that he has no morals in every single stop of his NFL career. 

When are we going to stop anointing every single Bill Belichick pupil as a genius?  Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Matt Patricia, Bill Obrien, Josh McDaniel.... that's a long lists of geniuses and their winning percentage in the NFL is awful.  Only one of them has winning record yet each and every one of them was viewed in EXACTLY the same light McDaniels is minus his horrid stop in Denver. 

I don't want Josh McDaniels as head coach for exactly the same reason I didn't want us to sign Gregg Hardy the offseason he was available.  Being good on the field and on the sidelines shouldn't be the ONLY concern of a team. 

27 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And honestly I’m going to guess he is Rodgers top choice. Rodgers loves Brady and ever since Tom came out and said Rodgers would have 500 yards and 5 TDs every week if he had the institutional knowledge he does... I think Rodgers wants that.

Just a gut feeling.

He said that?!

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

His record does speak for itself.  He single handily almost destroyed a franchise.  Denver required a total rebuild after Josh McDaniels and all his genius was done.  His toxic leadership had a front office and team alienated.  Denver couldn't rid themselves of the cancer that was Josh McDaniels fast enough.  TERRIBLE leader and even worse of an individual.  He's a low character scum bag who's shown that he has no morals in every single stop of his NFL career. 

When are we going to stop anointing every single Bill Belichick pupil as a genius?  Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Matt Patricia, Bill Obrien, Josh McDaniel.... that's a long lists of geniuses and their winning percentage in the NFL is awful.  Only one of them has winning record yet each and every one of them was viewed in EXACTLY the same light McDaniels is minus his horrid stop in Denver. 

I don't want Josh McDaniels as head coach for exactly the same reason I didn't want us to sign Gregg Hardy the offseason he was available.  Being good on the field and on the sidelines shouldn't be the ONLY concern of a team. 

You are equating McDaniels' morals with that of a domestic abuser? I get not liking McDaniels but this is a big time stretch. For being such a scumbag the best coach and qb of all time sure seem to love him. 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

You are equating McDaniels morals with that of a domestic abuser? I get not liking McDaniels but this is a big time stretch. For being such a scumbag the best coach and qb of all time sure seem to love him. 

That's because he's Dr Jekyll as OC but Hyde's outas HC /s

Just now, Norm said:

That's because he's Dr Jekyll as OC but Hyde's outas HC /s

I get the hesitancy of McDaniels as a HC, I have my reservations as well. I am not even necessarily advocating for McDaniels, I just think the logic behind hiring him outweighs any other candidate. On paper it makes sense why he would be their top choice. 

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Mike Lombardi wrote the following in his latest column at The Athletic.  It may be why the Packers chose this time to dismiss McCarthy.  

Here's the link to the story, but it's a pay site.  I got a 50 percent off deal a while back .. wanna say it was $30 for a whole year.  It's been worth it.

https://theathletic.com/690841/2018/12/03/green-bay-packers-head-coach-search-aaron-rodgers/

Murphy should not limit his search to just offensive coaches. He should spend time searching the college ranks and find a head coach who understands how to install and develop a complete program. Brian Kelly of Notre Dame, Lincoln Riley of Oklahoma, Matt Campbell of Iowa State and Matt Rhule of Baylor should be a few of the college candidates on Murphy’s list. Kelly is represented by Trace Armstrong, who also represents Josh McDaniels and now former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, which might explain why Murphy felt the need to make the change now. Murphy could not have conversations with anyone Armstrong reps without going behind McCarthy’s back.  So as much as this move screams “why now,” and “why not wait until the end of the season?”  Murphy had to act now in order to show consideration and respect to all parties involved.

Friendly reminder that Bryan Kelley killed a kid.

Archived