16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

The odds are out:

DtgYHSdUwAIemuY.jpg:large

Adam Gase would be very interesting.  He's kept the Dolphins competitive in a bunch of games with some complete crap at QB.  He's won games with Cutler/Ossweiler and made it to the playoffs with Tannehill and not a whole lot of talent. 

Jim Harbaugh I'd love. 

Jay Gruden I'd like. 

Maybe the Niners will fire Kyle Shanahan. 

Do NOT want a Bruce Arians/Gary Kubiak.  I want our next head coach to be our head coach for a while and take over after Rodgers leaves. 

Although... Gary Kubiak is the last head coach to win a Super Bowl in his first year as head coach, and might be the only one ever for all I know.  I'd be okay with him coming back, getting us a ring and then letting us get somebody from next year's crop. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Adam Gase would be very interesting.  He's kept the Dolphins competitive in a bunch of games with some complete crap at QB.  He's won games with Cutler/Ossweiler and made it to the playoffs with Tannehill and not a whole lot of talent. 

Jim Harbaugh I'd love. 

Jay Gruden I'd like. 

Maybe the Niners will fire Kyle Shanahan. 

Do NOT want a Bruce Arians/Gary Kubiak.  I want our next head coach to be our head coach for a while and take over after Rodgers leaves. 

I do really like Gase as well. Only question is his RB usage but we are all pretty used to that by now. He also lit up the league with Peyton Manning in Denver. 

32 minutes ago, SSG said:

I don't know how ANYONE can rationalize the treatment of those assistant coaches who's only mistake was taking Josh Mcdaniels at his word.  His agent even dumped him because of his lies, deceit and lack of morals.   

I agree what the did was schitty. 100%

However his agent was also Ballard's so a divorce was going to happen there regardless of what his agent thought of him, too.

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

You have a right to your opinion, I just think you are way over-exaggerating the affects of his decision. He was fired by his agent because his agent also represents the Colts GM, Chris Ballard. The agent had to let go of one of them, he chose McDaniels. 

The Patriots offered him a substantial raise to return after he had accepted the position. This is called a counteroffer and people take them all of the time. There were also questions about Luck going into this year, up until the point of backing out, McDaniels still hadn't seen him throw. He has 4 young kids and moving them to Indy for an unsure QB situation or accepting a substantial raise to stay home makes sense from a personal standpoint. 

The assistant coach thing was a bad move on his part. They took his word and signed the contracts. You know who also did something similar, Bill Belicheck. Is he the same scumbag you say McDaniels is?

Nothing is as black and white as you want it to be. 

I see very little comparison between what McDaniels did and what Bellichick did.  Bellichick got a huge promotion from the Patriots (HC and GM).    McDaniels stayed put for a little more money.  There is a difference.  Belichick also didn't leave a half dozen assistant coaches fending for themselves after they mistakenly took him for his word. 

The agent didn't have to let go anyone.  That's ridiculous.  He chose to let go McDaniels and he said it was because his word is meaningless and he can't be associated with a client like that.  Had nothing to do with Chris Ballard, rather an agent ditching a liar and a bad client.  McDaniels lack of character made him look bad and he couldn't get away from McDaniels fast enough despite McDaniels being the much bigger fish. 

Pretty black and white for me  Josh McDaniels was a cancer in Denver who's destruction caused a total rebuild (from GM down were replaced).  Lying to the Colts and screwing over a bunch of assistants just shows that he still lacks the character and morals that he didn't have in Denver.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I agree what the did was schitty. 100%

However his agent was also Ballard's so a divorce was going to happen there regardless of what his agent thought of him, too.

His agent wasn't required to pick one or the other.  He dumped McDaniels because he didn't want to be associated with a liar. McDaniels made him look like a fool.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Although... Gary Kubiak is the last head coach to win a Super Bowl in his first year as head coach, and might be the only one ever for all I know.  I'd be okay with him coming back, getting us a ring and then letting us get somebody from next year's crop.

I've not been reading this entire line of chit chat.....but did you just....what (?) okay Gary Kubiak being hired as HC in GB?
No, no......no, no. Lets not go there. Let Gary enjoy....whatever it is he's doing....and monitor his health in peace.

Just now, SSG said:

I see very little comparison between what McDaniels did and what Bellichick did.  Bellichick got a huge promotion from the Patriots (HC and GM).    McDaniels stayed put for a little more money.  There is a difference.  Belichick also didn't leave a half dozen assistant coaches fending for themselves after they mistakenly took him for his word. 

The agent didn't have to let go anyone.  That's ridiculous.  He chose to let go McDaniels and he said it was because his word is meaningless and he can't be associated with a client like that.  Had nothing to do with Chris Ballard, rather an agent ditching a liar and a bad client.  McDaniels lack of character made him look bad and he couldn't get away from McDaniels fast enough despite McDaniels being the much bigger fish. 

Pretty black and white for me  Josh McDaniels was a cancer in Denver who's destruction caused a total rebuild (from GM down were replaced).  Lying to the Colts and screwing over a bunch of assistants just shows that he still lacks the character and morals that he didn't have in Denver.

You are clearly mistaken here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/remember-when-bill-belichick-quit-as-hc-of-the-nyj-after-one-day/

Belichick took the Jets job was even introduced as their coach, quit to go to the Patriots as an assistant after one day. Seems pretty similar to what McDaniels did if you ask me...

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-mcdaniels-candidacy-look-like-replace-packers-mike-mccarthy-052613311.html

I do not like seeing this part with regards to Murphy's involvement

Does any of this make McDaniels a lock for the Green Bay job? Not in the slightest. In fact, some who know him well suggested Sunday night that McDaniels still has a lot to learn about the Packers’ structure, which has undergone a revamping that has left CEO Mark Murphy far more involved in the decision-making than ever before. While Murphy has always been the chief decider in the franchise, league sources told Yahoo Sports he has become more involved with some of the granular details in roster-building and contracts and to some extent, even personnel building. With that deepened involvement, he will stand as the direct boss to both the head coach and general manager Brian Gutekunst.

That significantly undermines any idea Gutekunst will be picking the next head coach on his own. If anything, he’ll have a role in the search and analysis, but the ultimate decision will be Murphy’s. And those close to McDaniels have said he has already been advised to stay away from teams with that kind of structure, where the head coach and general manager are on different platforms and reporting directly into some element of ownership that is deeply involved in operations.

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

I have a hard time getting onboard with McDaniels. You could make the argument that he grew up post Broncos but then you add the Colts to the mix and it just doesn't feel right.

Just now, Leader said:

McDaniels isnt happening. Unless he's fired at season's end (for some unknowable and unforeseen reason....) he's not leaving NE.

Well he almost left New England for the Colts, so... It's not completely unheard of. 

8 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

You are clearly mistaken here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/remember-when-bill-belichick-quit-as-hc-of-the-nyj-after-one-day/

Belichick took the Jets job was even introduced as their coach, quit to go to the Patriots as an assistant after one day. Seems pretty similar to what McDaniels did if you ask me...

Wow. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Archived