16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kelley killed a kid

Riley isn't leaving

Campbell is meh for me, but I get why he's getting an interview.

Rhule is 7-17 in the big 12 though again I kinda get it with that program being where it was when he took over.

Kelley, How? I live in Germany and have not heard or read anything about this..

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Zimmer not happy with his OC. 

Good.

Then hire Zimmer away from MN.
Now theres a deal I would like.
A no nonsense football guy.

Get a good OC and keep Pettine. We'd have two tough nosed football guys.
Eventually - sooner rather than later - we'd have defenses from Hell!

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Didn't he step down due to medical reasons in Denver?  

He had a small stroke, but is better now.  He has remained with theDenver organization, and there has been talk that he will move on and be an offensive coordinator next year.

He would be a good option for OC if they were to go with a defensive minded head coach.

The thing Kubiak has going for him is he has experience managing a HOF QB in his declining years, and getting the most out of the QB's experience when the arm talent was declining.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Good.

Then hire Zimmer away from MN.
Now theres a deal I would like.
A no nonsense football guy.

Get a good OC and keep Pettine. We'd have two tough nosed football guys.
Eventually - sooner rather than later - we'd have defenses from Hell!

Yes, for every thing and reason I hate about the Vikings, Zimmer is not one of them.  That's the kind of coach I want also.

15 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

He was an assistant on the Jets from 97-99 under Parcells. Parcells left, they named Bill the coach, the next day he resigned. A few weeks later he accepted the HC position at NE (I was wrong on the assistant part, my bad). He was not named the GM then, that would be Scott Pioli. 

He backed out of a commitment for a lateral move. Either way he left assistants behind after one day on the job, which is your main gripe with McDaniels. 

Scott Pioli was not the GM of New England and never has been.  He followed Belichick from NY to NE.  After Belichick was hired he was named the Vice President of Player Personnel forming the first personnel directory/ head coach tandem in league. Belichick got final say on all football moves. 

He left assistants behind that were already on the staff, the same staff he was on.  He didn't leave behind assistants that uprooted their families to follow him. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.  I value character and morals and Josh McDaniels has neither and has shown to have neither in multiple instances in his NFL career.  If he gets hired I hope I'm wrong and he's gotten rid of the toxic leadership style that ruined the Denver Broncos and showed him to be a liar last offseason. 

Just now, SSG said:

Scott Pioli was not the GM of New England and never has been.  He followed Belichick from NY to NE.  After Belichick was hired he was named the Vice President of Player Personnel forming the first personnel directory/ head coach tandem in league. Belichick got final say on all football moves. 

He left assistants behind that were already on the staff, the same staff he was on.  He didn't leave behind assistants that uprooted their families to follow him. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.  I value character and morals and Josh McDaniels has neither and has shown to have neither in multiple instances in his NFL career.  If he gets hired I hope I'm wrong and he's gotten rid of the toxic leadership style that ruined the Denver Broncos. 

It's all good. I see your points on McDaniels and they are warranted. 

34 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Doubt he leaves Washington, but I wouldn't be upset with this hire.  He is one on my short list.

I agree about Peterson. Seems a lot of the college guys I like are unlikely to leave their current position. Peterson, Fitzgerland, Shaw and even Harbaugh to an extent, Shaw being my favorite. 

I will say this about McDaniels, he obviously has strong ties in the league and is a good interview as he has been hired twice as a head coach! 

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

First 3 people I would give interviews to would be Matt Campbell, Bruce Arians, and Josh Mcdaniels. Campbell is my favorite at this moment. Really like what he has done with Iowa State and I think he is intelligent and innovative enough to challenge Arod.

I want to know more about Matt Campbell, why him? I am not saying he can’t do the job but what makes you confident he can? I worry about someone who is so young without NFL experience handling the twilight of Rodgers’ career. I should rephrase that... someone who hasn’t had the opportunity to push his teams back up after a down year or push them through the plateau to new heights. The Packers have been to the top, how does he do when the expectations are high on him? Toledo and Iowa State are not powers in their conferences and while he has had some success with them he hasn’t had that tough adversity or tenure with them to show that he can lead the team through tough times.

Archived