16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He’s the thing for me about McDnaiels. The guy is a Dbag. But he’s a good coach who happens to be a Dbag and a bit shady.

Bill Bellichek is also a Dbag who is  shady.

but they have had a ton of success together and I’d be interested to see what Possibly Bellicheks most decorated assistant could do with #12.

We're saying this based on McDaniels' sterling performance in this same gig???

Also Belichick's assistants have been streaming trash.

also, i dont want a guy who has only been in college no matter how good the program

i want a guy who has directly contributed to nfl success over a number of years 

i also dont want a retread like kubiak, harbaugh, or cowher

i also dont want a flash in the pan like someone who worked with mcvay, only having success recently

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're saying this based on McDaniels' sterling performance in this same gig???

Also Belichick's assistants have been streaming trash.

No we’re not. McDaniel’s was HC with personnel power in Denver. I would pass hard on that position for him in GB and I think Murphy and gutey would too if McDaniels was their guy

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

No we’re not. McDaniel’s was HC with personnel power in Denver. I would pass hard on that position for him in GB and I think Murphy and gutey would too if McDaniels was their guy

He was a trash personnel guy?

Why was he a trash personnel guy? Because his ego was massively out of control to the point he couldn't work with anybody, and his perception of players was massively flawed.

Why would we think those flaws wouldn't come back and bite us?

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Haven't talked to anyone from the Packers yet today, but did have an interesting chat with an executive from an NFC team. He knows I'm a die hard Packers fans and unprompted he says, "So McDaniels is headed to Green Bay to pair up with Rodgers. Pretty much our worst nightmare, but I bet you're excited?" I asked is that for real? He said that people are talking about it like its a foregone conclusion. Added that the potential Green Bay opening factored into McDaniels pulling out of Indy. There was the uncertainty with Luck's shoulder, Gutekunst getting the job (I'm not sure what the connection is), and the chance to win with Rodgers that was enticing enough to put off taking a HC job for another year. Implied that the whole league knew McCarthy was a lame duck going in and this was his final year. Again, the purpose of these calls is to answer questions relating to findings on a year-long training study released to teams today. Before I could ask more he shifted to the study and that was the focus of the remainder of our call.

This doesn't much up with anything I've heard from my guy with the Packers in past conversations. He hasn't ever muttered the name Josh McDaniels, good or bad, candidate or non-candidate. I'm anxious to hear from him but nothing yet.

Ian Rappaport was saying McDaniels was a leading candidate this afternoon on the NFL Network.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Ian Rappaport was saying McDaniels was a leading candidate this afternoon on the NFL Network.

I really hope they don't hire that weasel. He's the anti-McCarthy to an extreme degree. Granted, McCarthy's offense was stagnant, but he could command the room and placate the players. McDaniels is an egocentric narcissist. 

I remember when Mac was first hired.  I recall saying to myself, "who's this guy?" and then learning that he was the O coordinator for San Fran for a short time with relatively little success there, but a talented QB developer.  I was bummed.  Turned out alright for the Packers for the most part.  Does anyone else see similarities between Mac and DeFilipo's situations?

I'm expecting that whoever they hire, I'll probably be surprised just like I was when Mac was hired because the fact remains, I know nothing about most of these aforementioned candidates and how they'll actually do in Green Bay.  I'm just not going to worry that much about it this go-round.

If we were to look at getting a Defensive Coach  I would be interested in former Seattle Defensive Coordinator and current Dallas Defensive Backs Coach and Passing Game Coordinator  Kris Richard. 39 Years old, Charismatic, successful Coach in Seattle, successful Coach in Dallas, is highly talked about by many as a future Head Coach in the league. Has worked in the past with Pettine too in Seattle. Something like:

Head Coach: Kris Richard

OC: Kliff Kingsbury

DC: Mike Pettine

ST: Anyone but Zook

Thoughts?

Archived