16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Winning isn’t dirty. It’s right.

Oh I agree with you, but he just seems so sleazy.  I feel like I need a shower just for thinking he should be the head coach.  Belichick is pretty sleazy, but he's so good he's worth it.  I'm just not sure McDaniels will be that good.  We know he can run an offense, but can he run a team?  I don't know.  Maybe the second time around will be better than the first.  If it works, holy moly will it be glorious.  If not, it's going to be brutal.  But I don't want in between.  In between is infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

To play the devils advocate- he had a .393 win percentage with Tim Tebow 

(never mind who brought him in) ;)

Sorry to jump in but TimTebow didn't start a game when Josh McDaniels was Denver's HC. Tebow got his first start after McDaniels was fired and replaced by interim coach Eric Studesville late in the 2010 season and then started several games, including the miraculous playoff win over the Steelers, during John Fox's first year in 2011. 

21 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Sorry to jump in but TimTebow didn't start a game when Josh McDaniels was Denver's HC. Tebow got his first start after McDaniels was fired and replaced by interim coach Eric Studesville late in the 2010 season and then started several games, including the miraculous playoff win over the Steelers, during John Fox's first year in 2011. 

Question!!  Leave aside the job McDaniels did with personnel-management and maintaining players' respect, what did you think of the job he did w/r/t coaching duties (game-planning, play-calling, etc) -?  I am under the impression that he was okay in those respects, maybe even more than okay, and it was the other two things I mentioned that did them in... but I'd be interested to hear from someone who actually watched the games under him unlike me.

21 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25438836/answering-biggest-questions-packers-firing-mike-mccarthy-2018-nfl

Perhaps Murphy will return to that power structure. If so, one league source said he expected Gutekunst to want a "no-nonsense guy." The source said Gutekunst has long been a fan of Jim Harbaugh, the current Michigan coach and former 49ers coach.

That would be a nightmare marriage. Rodgers loves to throw, throw, throw, Harbaugh loves to pound the rock. I could see it now, Rodgers checking out of every running play to throw 40 yards down field. The side line fights and post game pressers would be epic. I could see A-rod demanding a trade midway through the season.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why no?

Urban Meyer suffers from an arachnoid cyst in his brain. It's incurable and is progressing to the point it's causing him some serious health issues and family problems. He literally collapsed on the field during a game this season. Honestly, he's in no position to be on the sidelines imho. He's got a lot to sort through both medically and family speaking.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Urban Meyer suffers from an arachnoid cyst in his brain. It's incurable and is progressing to the point it's causing him some serious health issues and family problems. He literally collapsed on the field during a game this season. Honestly, he's in no position to be on the sidelines imho. He's got a lot to sort through both medically and family speaking.

Makes sense.

Herman:

Saban would take some serious convincing but if he’s willing to come in for an interview you at least have to talk to him.
John Harbaugh I could be talked into with the right coordinators.

Now that GB has moved on from McCarthy, here are 5 more moves that Green Bay should make within the next couple days:
1. Fire Zook
2. Release L. Kendricks
3. Release B. Bell
4. Release E. Pleasant
5. Promote Donnerson
2-4 won’t be here next year, silly to give them any snaps.

There’s a lot of coaches I’d be happy to have discourse on, these would be unequivocal no’s
Jeff Fisher
John Fox
Jim Harbaugh
Ben McAdoo
Joe Philbin
Rex Ryan
Bill Cowher
Brett Favre
Barry Alvarez
Chip Kelly
Jim Caldwell
Urban Meyer
Chuck Pagano
Jim Mora
Mike Holmgren
Norv Turner

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Well that and he is a major scum bag

53 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

The more and more I think about it, if the Packers are going to go outside of the box here -- I would not at all be opposed to Dave Toub as HC and  Kingsbury for OC. 

I am hesitant to go outside of an offensive HC because if we do the scenario you suggest and we get back to a top 5 offense, Kingsbury is going to be getting HC looks in a year or two. Then Rodgers will have another voice in his ear at age 37. 

Archived