Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Can someone explain to me who this Ronin guy is and what's his importance in the comics? Cause Wikipedia isn't telling me much.

69f9e507a89e23c1fffdd2a290486ceb.jpg

In the comic book mini-series House of M, Wanda killed Hawkeye but ultimately brought him back.  The experience messed him up so he took over the mantle of Ronin and fought under that name for awhile before eventually returning to being Hawkeye.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Annihilation would probably be saved for an Annihilus movie if he ever shows up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go Annihilation specifically to keep this under wraps.

I mean, they have Twitter. They see the rumors as well.

• Like 1

Man.  Loved that they just focused on the original Avengers except for the odd shot (Quill so forlorn).   Didn’t give away a lot but hinted as so much.  

April can’t come soon enough (you know they will move it up to match everywhere). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Man.  Loved that they just focused on the original Avengers except for the odd shot (Quill so forlorn).   Didn’t give away a lot but hinted as so much. 

Quill isn't in the trailer. The only shot of a non-original Avenger is of Nebula when she's (presumably) consoling Stark.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I kinda wish they kept Ronin under wraps - I mean, show the guy with a blade taking someone out, but don't show Renner's face. Let us wonder for a bit.

Not that I disagree, but thats really all that was revealed here, cant complain that much. Plus everyone has been asking "where is Hawkeye" since the Infinity War trailers.

And he is likely to be reveaed very early in the film, because they will probably have to "save" him, turn him back in the right direction, and point him as a weapon toward Thanos.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Quill isn't in the trailer. The only shot of a non-original Avenger is of Nebula when she's (presumably) consoling Stark.

Ah, I thought it was Quill who was looking out onto space, turns out it was Stark.  My bad.  Then it was all original Avengers.....

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not that I disagree, but thats really all that was revealed here, cant complain that much. Plus everyone has been asking "where is Hawkeye" since the Infinity War trailers.

And he is likely to be reveaed very early in the film, because they will probably have to "save" him, turn him back in the right direction, and point him as a weapon toward Thanos.

Pretty sure his family is dead and that’s what brings him back with a vengeance. 

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I wanted Annihilation...oh well.

Didn't show much, and that's what a teaser is supposed to do. But I have to be honest...the Infinity War teaser was a lot better and got me much more hyped.

Cause you waited like 8 years for that trailer you waited 8 years for Thanos. The hype was beyond intense and this is just wrapping everything up.

Personally I loved the trailer. It didn't have quite the hype like when I first saw the Infinity War trailer. But it was awesome, just curious why Nebula wasn't with Stark on that ship.

• Like 2

Dudes, we know we're all going to see the movie.   They know it, too.   They have literally ZERO reason to give away major points this early.   DC made a huge mistake in doing that with BvS, IMO (plus, they made a bloated gong show of a movie in its 1st release, and while the director's cut was better...it was still poorly executed - but to give away major points like they did in the trailers...well, meh).   

They're literally just setting the stage...and have us wanting to see more.  That's what a trailer is supposed to do.  They just have a MUCH easier job to get the public hooked.

If they gave away major points, we'd be killing them later for spoiling.  Given it's a lock to have return viewership, this is the smart way to go.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4