BDL 2018 Week 14 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Long Beach Leprechauns

ny92mike

Oklahoma City EF5s @ Long Beach Leprechauns  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2018 at 05:00 PM

I meant to vote OKC, not long beach.

Long Beach would win this with both of those lineman playing, but they're just that big of a difference against a fierce OKC pass rush and elite offense. Rodgers keeps this one to within a FG but OKC just buries him when they're going for a game winning drive on 4th down.

I dont know why people keep pointing out the two missing linemen when there is solid depth. It was like when Psemelr missed a game and I had to roll Quetin Nelson out... not a high change but suddenly it was the opinion of many that I had a glaring hole

Having watched Cam Newton in recent weeks, I feel he ends up making a few costly mistakes late in the game that hinders OKC and LB comes out with the win. As others have pointed out, if the quality of depth is there, it's not an immediate glaring hole (like my offensive line has become).

6 hours ago, PR said:

I dont know why people keep pointing out the two missing linemen when there is solid depth. It was like when Psemelr missed a game and I had to roll Quetin Nelson out... not a high change but suddenly it was the opinion of many that I had a glaring hole

Now that the match-up is over i'll address this. Dropping from Bulaga (PFF #24) to Shell (PFF #53) and Norwell (#22) to Spain (#40) is a drop that is worthy of pointing out. Very good on him for having solid depth but dropping from a middle tier tackle to a bottom tier tackle and a middle tier guard to a bottom tier guard is a big loss, especially when those two guys will be specifically lined up against Von Miller (Shell) and Cameron Heyward (Spain) who are two top ten players at their position.

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Now that the match-up is over i'll address this. Dropping from Bulaga (PFF #24) to Shell (PFF #53) and Norwell (#22) to Spain (#40) is a drop that is worthy of pointing out. Very good on him for having solid depth but dropping from a middle tier tackle to a bottom tier tackle and a middle tier guard to a bottom tier guard is a big loss, especially when those two guys will be specifically lined up against Von Miller (Shell) and Cameron Heyward (Spain) who are two top ten players at their position.

PFF lmao

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'll listen if you have a better way of rating offensive lineman.

Not a big fan of PFF ratings myself, I recall a few years back they had Ereck Flowers rated pretty high as a pass blocker...My faith in pff dropped considerable after seeing that, but you're right, there aren't too many sites that actually provide grades for offensive lineman as bad as we need one.

Too many variables to accurately grade individual play on the line.

Archived