Reggie McKenzie out as GM

Silver&Black88

Mark Davis sent Del Rio out to announce his own firing, I can honestly see Gruden (though he obviously plays dumb at times) not being prepared for that press conference or expecting the firing to happen that specific time. 

Are the rumors about Reggie choosing the Bears over the Niners and Jets true? Was watching them beat the Rams Sunday night what put Mark over the edge? I don’t know, but I trust Gruden more than Davis to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Mark Davis sent Del Rio out to announce his own firing, I can honestly see Gruden (though he obviously plays dumb at times) not being prepared for that press conference or expecting the firing to happen that specific time. 

Are the rumors about Reggie choosing the Bears over the Niners and Jets true? Was arching them beat the Rams what put Mark over the edge? I don’t know, but I trust Gruden more than Davis to be honest. 

He picked the Bears over the Bills

Honestly if you look at the beginning of the season trading to the 9ers seemed totally insane because they where viewed as a playoff team. The bears on the other hand where a team that was supposed to be building. 

Also i think that RM was thinking of putting Mack somewhere he could succeed individually and get notoriety. As a great defensive player for the bears his  profile will be higher than it would for the jets or bills because of the historical significance of Chicago. 

11 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Are the rumors about Reggie choosing the Bears over the Niners and Jets true? Was watching them beat the Rams Sunday night what put Mark over the edge? I don’t know, but I trust Gruden more than Davis to be honest. 

Read this from Vic Tafur at the athletic:

Davis and Gruden didn’t think McKenzie got enough — giving back a second-round pick for two first-rounders because the Bears realized the Raiders were desperate — and McKenzie made the mistake of saying he didn’t think Chicago was going to be very good and the next year’s pick should be a high one. The Bears are 9-4. 

Interesting to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

We dont know what the offer was we will never know more than likely 

You typically don't want to trade within your conference too.  If the offers are similar you go out of conference.  You almost always stay out of the division. It's always a guessing game as to what team is going to be worse for the higher picks as well.  When Mack was traded, no one saw the Bears as a playoff team, no one. When we traded Coop, things were a lot different as well for them.

Hindsight is what it is, but you have to see the whole picture.  Just because you don't like the results, doesn't mean you can't understand it.

Archived