The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Who is Georgia's current QB without any transfers?

Jamie Newman has already transferred into Georgia from Wake Forest.  That is why I don't see it happening for Brice.  Even though he has two years of eligibility left and can wait out Newman, he would then be going up against stiff competition.  Carson Beck is a 4* recruit already enrolled as a freshman.  Dwan Mathis hasn't been cleared yet with the brain issue, but is also a redshirt freshman and 4* recruit.  And then we have 5* Brock Vandergriff committed for 2021.  Brice would be better off picking a program where he knows he can start for two years.  

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Jamie Newman has already transferred into Georgia from Wake Forest.  That is why I don't see it happening for Brice.  Even though he has two years of eligibility left and can wait out Newman, he would then be going up against stiff competition.  Carson Beck is a 4* recruit already enrolled as a freshman.  Dwan Mathis hasn't been cleared yet with the brain issue, but is also a redshirt freshman and 4* recruit.  And then we have 5* Brock Vandergriff committed for 2021.  Brice would be better off picking a program where he knows he can start for two years.  

Oh right, I forgot that happened. So if Brice has to sit out a year though, it still could make sense like you said. But with Brock, he'd be in trouble too. I'd say he should be looking elsewhere also, agreed. 

On 1/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, animaltested said:

KJ Costello visiting UW.

Kinda interesting what would happen if he picked UW. It would more than likely cause the chain reaction of transfers of Jacob Sirmon (So), Ethan Garbars (Fr) and Dylan Morris (Fr); all former 4 star recruits. Especially with Sam Huard heading to campus next year.

Yeah that's a pretty interesting one.  I actually thought that Eason would stick around another season, so I'm not sure if Costello coming in really affects all of those guys or not right now.  

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah that's a pretty interesting one.  I actually thought that Eason would stick around another season, so I'm not sure if Costello coming in really affects all of those guys or not right now.  

My thinking is based on what happened last year, Eason comes in, BOTH Yankoff and Sirmon place their names in the pool, Yankoff goes to UCLA, Sirmon pulls his back. Eason wins the competition, Jake Heaner enters the portal and heads to Fresno. Garbers is an incoming freshman, so he might stick, but I would imagine Sirmon and Morris transfer is Costello comes in. 

• Like 1