The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

58 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That is what I am hearing as well, a week or less for a decision.  Though it's a drastically different system from Wake Forest to Georgia, but he's got the deep ball arm that they want.  

Kirby wants two grad transfers due to the depth chart. 

4 hours ago, PAW said:

Kirby wants two grad transfers due to the depth chart. 

Well, if he wants two, that's going to limit the quality of them.  Whoever comes in already has competition with Stetson Bennett, and the two 4* guys.  Add another graduate transfer and that's going to limit those starters like Newman and Costello, who will have no shortage of options. 

23 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

FSU losing two graduate transfers- OL Jauan Williams and TE Tre McKitty.  

Wouldn't mind seeing Williams in Georgia for a year, especially after how our current offensive line looks.  

You do not want a guy who could not start for Florida State on the offensive line.

• Like 2

With Jamie Newman off to Georgia, as of right now here are the players in the portal as graduate transfers with immediate eligibility next year who are pretty interesting.  

KJ Costello Stanford QB

Jovan Swann Stanford DE/DT

Devery Hamilton Stanford OT/OG

Terrance Davis Maryland OG

Dee Anderson LSU WR

Martell Pettaway West Virginia RB

Feleipe Franks Florida QB

Anthony Brown Boston College QB

Brady White is going to stick to Memphis which I am sure annoys a lot of top programs, talk about a top level QB on the market.  But likes the quality HC they have in Memphis and hopes to have another great year.  Jack Allison is still out there with some ability and can play right away, I doubt Ian Book, D'Eriq King transfer but Matt Fink could along with Elijah Sindelar and McKenzie Milton if he is healthy.  

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

David Shaw should've bolted when he had the chance. Stanford wasn't exactly chuck full of talent last year.

Yeah it is shocking how they have fallen recently after being the ultimate old school team with a great run game and great D.  Not the case anymore and the amount of transfers they have this up coming year is pretty shocking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

David Shaw should've bolted when he had the chance. Stanford wasn't exactly chuck full of talent last year.

Absolutely true.  I know that Costello was injured for most of this year, but they really struggled more than I thought they would.  With USC being down, there is no reason for them not to have more talent right now.  

• Like 1

Big fan of Newman coming to Georgia.  He's going to add an element to the offense that Fromm couldn't.  It's a shame that we let Fields go though, but it is what it is at this point.  He's got the arm to make the downfield throws to stretch the field, and he's going to be able to run the ball when things break down, which will be more often than last year given the state of the offensive line.  I didn't know Newman worked with Quincy Avery, that makes me like the move even more.  

Also, I like Brady White staying at Memphis.  They are going to be returning a pretty good team, and have the ability to be right where they were last year.  I'm not sure he could get into a much better situation.  

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Former TAMU and Arkansas QB Nick Starkel is in at San Jose State for his final year of eligibility. 

The team he threw 5 interceptions against which led to him being benched, the irony.

Arkansas got a nice pickup from Arkansas State CB Jerry Jacobs, was on the Thorpe Award watch list this year but tore his ACL in their 4th game so missed the rest of the season and redshirted.

• Like 1