The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

Shady recruiting by Kirby here obviously and a poor read by the Fields family. Of course he was going to sit, and Kirby was lying. Problem is, you have an 18-year old kid listening, and he’s one of the best players in the country. Of course he believes he’s the best and believes Kirby. Would have been nice for mom and dad to step in and let their son know he was dealing with a car salesman with his own interests in mind. 

• Like 1

Ivant or Pablo for that matter got paid, big time. 

The dynamics will be interesting to follow here. 

First, does he win the appeal? Not sure. Where would he go?

OSU - does Haskins go? Probably. They still have Martell though. I don't buy it.

OU - 2 straight Heisman winners that were transfers. Good OL. Problem, does Riley stay? How good is Kendall? certainly not a slouch. Would be a gamble to go there imo.

FSU - horrible OL but should improve going forward. Possibly only 1 returning QB and Fields should beat him out. Could be the face of a turnaround here.

Tend to think it'll be FSU if he does transfer. They might bring in Briles as OC also.

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Shady recruiting by Kirby here obviously and a poor read by the Fields family. Of course he was going to sit, and Kirby was lying. Problem is, you have an 18-year old kid listening, and he’s one of the best players in the country. Of course he believes he’s the best and believes Kirby. Would have been nice for mom and dad to step in and let their son know he was dealing with a car salesman with his own interests in mind. 

There's a lot to the story, but let's just say that of the entire group, Justin was the one who showed the most reluctance to go to UGA.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Fields should have stuck with his original commitment to Penn State, he'd be competing for the starting Job in 2019. And if he didn't get it then, he'd pretty much be guaranteed to have it in his Junior season 2020.

He would have beat out Stevens pretty easily imo. 

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

Even we’ve got Tate Martell who was the number 1 dual threat

hes going to face competition wherever he goes so I’m not sure we’re a great fit either 

You take Fields regardless, Fields has potential passing the ball. Tate is no Kyler Murray here now,I love Tater, but he's better off swallowing his pride and transferring to UNLV or Arizona if it comes to Fields vs Martell.

11 hours ago, thrILL! said:

What evidence?  What open secret?  Suddenly endless crybabies online screaming “lies!  He’s a liar!” is now proof?  You’re the fool for believing such blatant subterfuge.  “Males shouldn’t be jealous / that’s a female trait.”

All you have besides that is an inflated belief that Kirby did everything he could to stop Fields going to your team.  How convenient. Nobody is scared of Florida.  

Well played usage of a classic Jay-Z verse

10 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Just come to FSU where you were supposed to go in the first place.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The coach lied to his face about what his role would be. I get he's Saban's baybee boy and all, but Kirby lied through his teeth to get this kid to stay in-state when he knew Fromm was going to stay there and be the full time starter for at least the next two years. Don't be salty just because your program has the highest payroll to get enough kids to stay on even when they won't get PT or feel lied too.

You sound bitter for no reason

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Fields should have stuck with his original commitment to Penn State, he'd be competing for the starting Job in 2019. And if he didn't get it then, he'd pretty much be guaranteed to have it in his Junior season 2020.

Agreed he should have suck with PSU, but apparently he was sold a dream by UGA. Disagree, about 'If', Tommy Stevens isn't beating out Justin Fields, and the sad part about it, PSU could have taken a firm grasp of the B1G.

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You take Fields regardless, Fields has potential passing the ball. Tate is no Kyler Murray here now,I love Tater, but he's better off swallowing his pride and transferring to UNLV or Arizona if it comes to Fields vs Martell.

You see the video I posted? Kid's attitude looks like horse..... If he acts like a diva, I don't want him anywhere near this school. I'll be fine w/ Tate, Mathis (assuming) and Miller will be ready when his time comes.

You sound bitter for no reason

Every post

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You see the video I posted? Kid's attitude looks like horse..... If he acts like a diva, I don't want him anywhere near this school. I'll be fine w/ Tate, Mathis (assuming) and Miller will be ready when his time comes.

Every post

I forgot all about Mathis, but I wouldn't base any significant assumptions off of a 7 second clip. I would at least have a sit down with him to see where he is and what his intentions would be, you at least do your due diligence. This kid is human and has every right to be upset if he was sold a lie

Edited by MSURacerDT55

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Agreed he should have suck with PSU, but apparently he was sold a dream by UGA. Disagree, about 'If', Tommy Stevens isn't beating out Justin Fields, and the sad part about it, PSU could have taken a firm grasp of the B1G.

He wasn't going to stick with Penn State. He didn't want to be up North. As things came down to the wire, it was going to be UGA, UF, or FSU. I'd say that UF was the "runner-up," but it wasn't that close. Crapelwain completely blew it with the kid. Mullen salvaged that the best he could, but it was too late in the process. If Fields hadn't signed early, we might have had a chance to do something, but UGA convinced him to sign early when he was wavering near the end on whether to sign or wait.

• Like 1