Trubisky and the end of the season

WindyCity

7 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I'd be interested in picking up the now fired DeFilippo and using him in a QB coach type role and seeing if he can't help get better consistency/development out of Trubs

He apparently flopped as an OC in Minn.... but his QB coaching was off the charts for Philly last season... Perhaps a QB Coach is just his ceiling in the NFL (imo like Fangio is a lifelong DC)

I'd make Flip the highest paid position coach in the game.

If we can get to the SB with Grossman behind center, then we can get there with Mitch. This defense is good enough to carry the load.

In fact, if this team wasn't so young and we had a Robbie Gould and a play-maker on either return or coverage unit to help the offense, I would be buying SB tickets right now for this year.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

I'd be interested in picking up the now fired DeFilippo and using him in a QB coach type role and seeing if he can't help get better consistency/development out of Trubs

He apparently flopped as an OC in Minn.... but his QB coaching was off the charts for Philly last season... Perhaps a QB Coach is just his ceiling in the NFL (imo like Fangio is a lifelong DC)

Pick him up now with MN footing the bill.  

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Mitch is way better than Rex. I think everyone is freaking out over one really bad game. I expect him to get it together and play like he did against Det and the Vikes.

You can't really blame people for thinking this way either though given that Mitch has been average this season. I'm only not worried about it because Mitch only needs to be average with a defense like this.

I think the Packer game will tell if Mitch can play under the pressure of a playoff game. Why? Because this game is to clinch the NFCN and a playoff spot. It is against their archrival who has owned them since Rodgers started playing. We saw what Cutler did in a similar situation in 2010. Sure, the Pac is having a down year but that doesn't mean much when these two get together. This game will be that kind of test for Mitch. 

14 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Mitch is way better than Rex. I think everyone is freaking out over one really bad game. I expect him to get it together and play like he did against Det and the Vikes.

It is not one game.

It has been back to back pretty mediocre/poor games against playoff level competition.

He did not really play well against the Vikings.

This thread is a realization that Mitch has not taken the step where we can expect him to be a difference maker in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, ibt734 said:

I think the Packer game will tell if Mitch can play under the pressure of a playoff game. Why? Because this game is to clinch the NFCN and a playoff spot. It is against their archrival who has owned them since Rodgers started playing. We saw what Cutler did in a similar situation in 2010. Sure, the Pac is having a down year but that doesn't mean much when these two get together. This game will be that kind of test for Mitch. 

I agree.

A mediocre game against the Packers and I think we need to have the game manager talk with Mitch for the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is not one game.

It has been back to back pretty mediocre/poor games against playoff level competition.

This thread is a realization that Mitch has not taken the step where we can expect him to be a difference maker in the playoffs.

He did not have a stellar game but he made some really clutch plays to get us a win. 

In my mind a game manager is someone who plays not to lose, he played to win.

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah and so was Cutler. It's like being the smartest person in the room full of vegetables.

True but Mitch is only in his second year in a brand new offense and has missed 2 games to boot.  Cutler had all of 8 years with the Bears....

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is not one game.

You're right he didn't but both the Vikings and Rams have really good defensive backs and also really good D-line's.

I still expect that Mitch will struggle a bit when playing good defenses.  He still needs more game experience because he is young and young QB's have yet to see everything that different defenses can throw at them.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

You're right he didn't but both the Vikings and Rams have really good defensive backs and also really good D-line's.

I still expect that Mitch will struggle a bit when playing good defenses.  He still needs more game experience because he is young and young QB's have yet to see everything that different defenses can throw at them.

What I am saying is that at a point, soon, his development will need to take a back seat to just winning games.

I was hoping Mitch would be past this, I hope against GB and SF he can get right and build some momentum, but based on what we have seen recently when the playoffs start we are probably going to have to go with "Game Manger Mitch".

Archived