The greatness of Saquon Barkley

Gmen

Did you know Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league?

• Yes, that is pretty obvious
    • No, but I know now

19 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

speaking for myself I like the running back out Denver better

Indeed you are speaking for yourself. I like Phillip Lindsay, but I don't think anyone (outside of you) would put him ahead of Saquan.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Indeed you are speaking for yourself. I like Phillip Lindsay, but I don't think anyone (outside of you) would put him ahead of Saquan.

Even mtmmike, after he sobers up wouldn't  put him ahead of Saquan. That's some drunk posting under the influence type stuff there.

It is legal in Colorada.

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Even mtmmike, after he sobers up wouldn't  put him ahead of Saquan. That's some drunk posting under the influence type stuff there.

It is legal in Colorada.

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It is legal in Colorada.

Thank you have a good how come not 1 of you guys offer statist call data about how great he is you said he is number prove it or shut up

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh wow...

I'm sure Redskins fans would've said the same thing if someone suggested RG3 would be outta the league in 5 years after his stellar rookie season.  Or Cowboys fans being told after 2016 Dak Prescott would be nothing more than a mediocre QB moving forward.

One season doesn't make a career.

9 minutes ago, VanS said:

I'm sure Redskins fans would've said the same thing if someone suggested RG3 would be outta the league in 5 years after his stellar rookie season.  Or Cowboys fans being told after 2016 Dak Prescott would be nothing more than a mediocre QB moving forward.

That's quite an ironic thing to say.

16 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Thank you have a good how come not 1 of you guys offer statist call data about how great he is you said he is number prove it or shut up

... trying too hard.

16 minutes ago, VanS said:

Different strengths though. Dak nor RGIII had strengths that always work out long term like a grasp of the offense, arm strength, accuracy, command of the offense/huddle. To be fair, most rookie QBs don't so I get questioning any of them, but Baker has those things so only injury would stop him imo.

22 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok, I'll humor you.

Barkley is currently 3rd in TYFS (1,809) behind Zeke and Gurley, the top two guys coming into last season, the two guys that have a claim on that #1 spot.

Here, I said it earlier:

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Right now, only Gurley and Zeke have an argument against Saquan and it comes down to personal preference among those three.

Reality is, I take Barkley over both; Gurley is a VERY close 2nd, but as @jrry32 and I have discussed before, Gurley doesn't really have as many explosive plays. This isn't saying he isn't explosive - he is - but Gurley's strength is consistency. You won't see many 50+ yard runs, but you'll see a ton of 5-6-7 yard gains, and barely any negative plays. Consistency like this is incredibly underrated; It's not sexy, won't make the YouTubes but it's an important part of a winning formula. Barkley lacks that consistency, but his penchant for hitting a home run on a high rate of touches makes up for that, IMO.

Zeke is a different story - he's got that big play ability, he's consistent too. But... he's one bad weekend away from a year long suspension. Like it or not, you have to factor this into it. (Same sort of thing can be said about Le'Veon Bell, actually). With Barkley, you have absolutely NO concern in this respect. He's a future OPOY, and probably a future Walter Payton Man of the Year award winner. You'll have no off the field issues with Barkley, he's a workout junkie who eats, sleeps and breathes football.

So, there's my stance...

...and before you say it, yes. I know it's a good post.

Archived