Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Really shocked anyone wanted Keenum in a trade.  A team could have simply waited for the Broncos to cut him.  But oh well...Elway has owned the Chesapeake Bay area since 1983.  

I am so stoked we got someone to bite on Keenum!!  On Wednesday night my son and I were talking about the qb situation.  I felt like we couldn't even draft a qb with the two knuckleheads anchoring us.  I like Flacco it's just that with our line I dislike him - he's not a good fit with the line we have (is anyone - maybe Murray and R Wilson).  It was my hope to get Lock at ten and yeah I know the line would hurt him but I don't expect him to come in and start.  Heck I would even trade up and get Haskins.  I am so tired of this qb situation killing us that I want it RESOLVED AND NOW!!    Like the news regarding our cap space.....  

Sign Jackson and Landon Collins, and draft White. Then use your 3rd to trade for Rosen. Not a huge fan of his, but for a third rounder? Yeah I'd pull the trigger on that; personality be damned. 

Alternatively, you could bring in Mosley and draft Lock. Jackson, Collins and Mosley would eat an awful lot of cap space though. Makes more sense to draft White

Edited by 1234567
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Sign Jackson and Landon Collins, and draft White. Then use your 3rd to trade for Rosen. Not a huge fan of his, but for a third rounder? Yeah I'd pull the trigger on that; personality be damned. 

Alternatively, you could bring in Mosley and draft Lock. Jackson, Collins and Mosley would eat an awful lot of cap space though. Makes more sense to draft White

How about a Jared Cook in that mix?  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am not arguing that Atwater and Dennis Smith weren't better.  I am just saying that TJ Ward was pretty good.  Still think Dennis Smith should be up for HOF contention.  Even Ronnie Lott said Smith was better than he was.  

He had the enforcer part of the game down, no doubt. He was just lacking in so many other areas.

So now I’m confused.  It appears spotrac has Joe Flacco’s contract calculated into the salary cap and has Denver at $36M.  Legwold on ESPN says that Flacco’s contract has not been factored in, meaning Denver, come the new league year will not have $36M to work with, but less than $20M.

Anyone have a better source of what the cap situation will look like?

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

So now I’m confused.  It appears spotrac has Joe Flacco’s contract calculated into the salary cap and has Denver at $36M.  Legwold on ESPN says that Flacco’s contract has not been factored in, meaning Denver, come the new league year will not have $36M to work with, but less than $20M.

I think Spotrac's about as good as it gets.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

So there are two sites which track cap room, spotrac and OTC. The big difference is that OTC only updates when transactions are made official whereas spotrac accounts for "expected" trades like the Keenum and Flacco deals. OTC has us at $37.1m, spotrac has us $36.1m

I reconcile it as $37.1m - $18.5m (Flacco) + $13.5m (Keenum) = $33.1m

I think there's a mistake on spotract that they haven't put Darian Stewart's dead money through yet.

I think around $33m is correct.