Week 16 Redskins vs. Titans

KingTitan

57 minutes ago, quiller said:

I am surprised at this frankly as I watched them play Dallas twice this year and their front 7 was very good in limiting Dallas run game. It would be nice if we could run it some 

Even more surprising because I think it was Beningfield who said Titans will have a hard time running up the middle but could attack the outside so to expect passes to Lewis but if your the worst at stopping the run it shouldn’t matter where you run you would think

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Even with the downs of the season, it's refreshing to see these kind of stats.  Makes me wonder what we would have looked like if we had a majority healthy team. 

The idea of what our defensive statistics would look like if you removed the TDs allowed by the offense and special teams(I think only 2, but still) and factored in how many times teams were given the ball already in FG range/inside our territory is pretty godly. The defense having the success it has in stopping scoring is insane given the circumstances it's been put under.

16 hours ago, AteBoxx said:

The fact that they have lost four of their last 5 and are now without Smith means there is no reason we should lose this game. We're playing a bad and broken team. Should be able to win this by at least two scores.

The same ol' Titans of years past would come out and lay an egg against a team like this. Time to see what we are made of.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

The same ol' Titans of years past would come out and lay an egg against a team like this. Time to see what we are made of.

Literally the last time we played them it was the same deal. Though - JFC - Charlie Whitehurst started for us that game. 

The 2009-2017 Titans would easily drop this game. Facing the worst run defense the last 5 weeks? They'd hold us under 50 yards if it's the "same ol'"... No reason we should lose, and if we start out strong and make them have to pass we should be good. Pees will have to get even more creative w/pressure w/OLB injuries. These next two weeks could be big stepping stone weeks. 

Everyone on the radio saying they think we're going to blast Washington. 

I agree, but just about every time we get this confident, to where a consensus is predicting a blowout for us, bad things happen. Gives me a bad gut feeling that has been learned over the last few years.

I do think Vrabel has this team turning a corner. I actually really like him as a HC, whether I can rationalize why or not, I just really like him. I hope they turn the corner to finish out the season.

The Skins offense has been hammered with injuries like no other these past two years!!! They are on theit 4th QB, down 3 starters on Oline...and one of their backups, like us probably without theit top 2 TE's(for this game),  the top 2 RB's coming into the season, they have put 3 or 4 WR's on IR....they are really in a bad way. 

That usually means we lay an egg. 

39 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Everyone on the radio saying they think we're going to blast Washington. 

I agree, but just about every time we get this confident, to where a consensus is predicting a blowout for us, bad things happen. Gives me a bad gut feeling that has been learned over the last few years.

I do think Vrabel has this team turning a corner. I actually really like him as a HC, whether I can rationalize why or not, I just really like him. I hope they turn the corner to finish out the season.

One of my biggest things I like about Vrabel is that I've seen us actually come out and make adjustments to our gameplan when things aren't going well, which it felt like we'd never see from our past couple coaches.

One of the things Eddie George told Derrick Henry was about his feet going dead when he made first contact. I don't think anything could have been more true. When someone made contact with him he was trying to fall forward, but he was always falling regardless. Now you can see a little bit more of him working to keep his feet moving.

But I don't think that's all that has helped him. He's had some great vision/patience and he even looks laterally quicker. I just don't really understand it.

I don't expect it to continue for the long term, but man, that would be great.

Archived