Mike Jones: Terrell McClain a possible cut

turtle28

It's far to early to determine how they will perform during the season, it's preseason guy's. They could be free agent busts, I can't say that's a wrong prediction but at the same time we can't say they won't work out yet either. I think it's more likely it's going to get them time to get going because they might be thinking too much out there or something. They'll probably not do much in sept but have good 2nd halves of the season.

I mean here's an example, is Terrell Pryor a bust because he hasn't looked good yet and done anything in the preseason?

48 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

The other side of the apple -- without the worms! Could this mean that MBU, Lanier and Ioannidis,  et al have stepped up big time ?

Yes but is also means Bruce blew a bunch of our cap space on camp fodder. Not re-signing Baker was absolutely unacceptable and I feel the same way about DJax. For what we paid two guys we basically could've kept those two for just a tad bit more. It's absurd and it proves how Allens stubbornness affects this franchise. 

I was never the worlds biggest fan of Baker. I think he's a complete tool bag but he was homegrown basically and would've been great with Taylor and Allen. Not keeping him was just stupid. Insulting to the fanbase to insinuate these two back up rotational players on terrible defenses were somehow the missing piece to the puzzle. 

And it all leads back to Snyder. It's unbelievable that after all these years he still doesn't get it. With the crowds at the stadium shrinking more and more every year and with general disdain the fanbase has for Allen that he'd fire Scot and keep Bruce. If Scot had to go then Bruce needed to go with him. It's just maddening that after so many years of dealing with Cerrato that we've come full circle and we're doing it all over again. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

The other side of the apple -- without the worms! Could this mean that MBU, Lanier and Ioannidis,  et al have stepped up big time ?

That's the way I've been looking at it. Plus Phil Taylor has really impressed and Hood and Francis has been solid but not spectacular.

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yes but is also means Bruce blew a bunch of our cap space on camp fodder. Not re-signing Baker was absolutely unacceptable and I feel the same way about DJax. For what we paid two guys we basically could've kept those two for just a tad bit more. It's absurd and it proves how Allens stubbornness affects this franchise. 

I was never the worlds biggest fan of Baker. I think he's a complete tool bag but he was homegrown basically and would've been great with Taylor and Allen. Not keeping him was just stupid. Insulting to the fanbase to insinuate these two back up rotational players on terrible defenses were somehow the missing piece to the puzzle. 

And it all leads back to Snyder. It's unbelievable that after all these years he still doesn't get it. With the crowds at the stadium shrinking more and more every year and with general disdain the fanbase has for Allen that he'd fire Scot and keep Bruce. If Scot had to go then Bruce needed to go with him. It's just maddening that after so many years of dealing with Cerrato that we've come full circle and we're doing it all over again. 

This could be right, but it could be wrong. We just don't know yet, it's far too soon to determine if any of our free agent signings will work out or not. I'm not saying you're wrong here, it's just a wait and see.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It's far to early to determine how they will perform during the season, it's preseason guy's. They could be free agent busts, I can't say that's a wrong prediction but at the same time we can't say they won't work out yet either. I think it's more likely it's going to get them time to get going because they might be thinking too much out there or something. They'll probably not do much in sept but have good 2nd halves of the season.

I mean here's an example, is Terrell Pryor a bust because he hasn't looked good yet and done anything in the preseason?

Pryor doesn't have Redskins beat reporters stating he might get cut.  

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Not re-signing Baker was absolutely unacceptable and I feel the same way about DJax.

I disagree with you on Jackson because I don't think he cared to be here. Baker wanted to stay.

Just now, Doc Draper said:

I have never been impressed with him. Let's go with the younger cheaper guys. Yeah Bruce blew this one but he'll figure a way to spread the blame -tomsula, Doug Williams, etc- leopards don't change their spots

Problem is that because of McClain's contract guarantees, he will not be cheaper vis a vis the cap. It's sunk money, but there you are ...

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Pryor doesn't have Redskins beat reporters stating he might get cut.  

True, but it was just one beat reporter's assumption (Mike Jones) and everyone else ran with it for website and twitter traffic. It remains to be seen what will happen. 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Problem is that because of McClain's contract guarantees, he will not be cheaper vis a vis the cap. It's sunk money, but there you are ...

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I have never been impressed with him. Let's go with the younger cheaper guys. Yeah Bruce blew this one but he'll figure a way to spread the blame -tomsula, Doug Williams, etc- leopards don't change their spots

Chris Russell said McClain was doing well against the run, which is what he did well for the Cowboys last year, same with McGee in Oakland and that's why I believe we signed them.. My concern with just cutting either is none of these young guys have proven at all that they can play the run against a starting OL. Yes, they've flashed as pass rushers - mostly against back ups - but neither team we played in week 1 or 2 is a good rushing team and our young guys besides Ioannidis and Allen didn't even play against the starters. 

Trevor Matich said on Skins Training Camp last night on CSN this blob will get cut because he doesn't want to play football. He got his large guaranteed contract and doesn't care anymore. 

Remind you of anyone else we signed on the DL to a large contract? 

bread2.jpg

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Trevor Matich said on Skins Training Camp last night on CSN this blob will get cut because he doesn't want to play football. He got his large guaranteed contract and doesn't care anymore. 

Remind you of anyone else we signed on the DL to a large contract? 

bread2.jpg

He said that about McClain?

Archived