Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Dts and mlbs kinda depend on each other for success imo

Definitely. DTs can eat up the blocks, but if you don't have someone to make the tackle what's the point? Same with coverage. If the QB can find a mismatch with ease in less than 3 seconds because your LBs can't cover, your pass rush will suffer too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Whitehead is highly likely to what?. They took him off the field towards the end of the season for career backups. No way he is highly likely. 

He played the 100% of snaps through week 14. In weeks 15, 16, and 17 he was second in snap count. 

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Although Whitehead isn't great, we are not in a position to get rid of him imo. He started the season off rough but down the stretch he looked acceptable imo. Would still like an upgrade but wouldn't cut him just to cut him. What's his cap hit?

A bit over 7M. I think he's cut if/when we sign LBs in FA. It doesn't look like there's any deadline to cut him as far as salary becoming guaranteed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Although Whitehead isn't great, we are not in a position to get rid of him imo. He started the season off rough but down the stretch he looked acceptable imo. Would still like an upgrade but wouldn't cut him just to cut him. What's his cap hit?

Agree. I know we are all desperate for the LB group to be upgraded, but I would only cut him if we miraculously managed to fill all 3 starter spots. We have the money and like you say, he was decent towards the end of season. He is at least semi-dependable. If we secured the 'QB of the defense' LB in the off-season and another and if we increased the speed of the unit, he could do a job as the third guy, ideally subbed out more on passing downs.

Whitehead has a million dead money if released. The Raiders literally took him off the field on passing downs and put a guy out there(Compton) who was just doing podcasts before. That tells you everything you need to know how they feel about Whitehead. It wasn't a surprise how once they started to limit his reps the defense improved down the stretch. You can't be an OLB and not be able to play all three downs. Whitehead is as good as gone. He can go do ticket giveaways on twitter for another team. 

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Whitehead has a million dead money if released. The Raiders literally took him off the field on passing downs and put a guy out there(Compton) who was just doing podcasts before. That tells you everything you need to know how they feel about Whitehead. It wasn't a surprise how once they started to limit his reps the defense improved down the stretch. You can't be an OLB and not be able to play all three downs. Whitehead is as good as gone. He can go do ticket giveaways on twitter for another team. 

Is that so? I remember reading he played most snaps on D this year.

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It was almost an automatic completion when teams threw in his direction.  I liked Whitehead but hated seeing him out there when the other team was passing.  If we can sign an average LB for $7 million it is worth it to cut him.  Also we do not have to use his money on a FA LB to replace him.  I would be fine filling another hole and drafting extra LBers in the 1st and 3rd.  There are options.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is that so? I remember reading he played most snaps on D this year.

He played 60%, 61%, and 80% in weeks 14, 15, and 16.  

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2018 28 OAK LB/mlb 59 16 16 1 71 53 74.6% 716 13.5 10.1 4 119.2 6.9 269 447 31 2 1 0.0 3 126 11 8.0%
2019 29 OAK LB 59 16 16 0 66 52 78.8% 688 13.2 10.4 6 140.4 7.2 340 348 25 1 1 0.0 2 108 5 4.4%
Edited by drfrey13