Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 17/01/2020 at 1:05 AM, raidr4life said:

They just upset because he doesn't do interviews every week.

Vic Tafur actually mentioned that online, and said he apoogized to Mayock for the article about him & Gruden not getting along.

Mayock is a great listen, and a great fit for the position he’s in. I hope he can nail this draft like he did the last one.

• Like 3

I'm curious where the staff is with Kizer. The fact that he was a healthy scratch for week 17 was a little surprising since he was promoted a few weeks before. Gruden definitely wants to develop at least one qb. We shall see what happens with Kizer and Peterman. I'm not overly excited about either, but Kizer has some athletic upside and would benefit from some coaching/mentoring.

17 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I know you are younger then me so you know how to google.

He plays for the LA XFL team. 

Question 

you’re the ex cal qb right?

what do you think about qbs getting hit in practice?

on hs and ncaa level

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

On 1/18/2020 at 6:16 AM, Nightmare said:

Vic Tafur actually mentioned that online, and said he apoogized to Mayock for the article about him & Gruden not getting along.

Mayock is a great listen, and a great fit for the position he’s in. I hope he can nail this draft like he did the last one.

I don't follow Tafur because I believe he's a hack, but why did he apologize? Is he admitting to making stuff up?

35 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Yes.

For me I am a traditionalist. We always wore red jerseys. 

Why do you ask?

Just curious cause I believe qbs need to know how to take a hit and deliver. Or develop pocket awareness and ability to not be scared of the pass rush.

i do contact 1 day a week but some qb parents don’t like that

just curious what you thought 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just curious cause I believe qbs need to know how to take a hit and deliver. Or develop pocket awareness and ability to not be scared of the pass rush.

i do contact 1 day a week but some qb parents don’t like that

just curious what you thought 

George used to beat the crap out of QBs in the pocket. We used pads on sticks. As far as feeling the rush that is instinctive I think. Hard to simulate in practice.

Have you had an ill effects from 1 day a week contact? If not then continue. I like the idea. But I also see the value in protecting the QB.