Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

thinking outside the box here for a RT, and I see two potential trade partners. 

• Perhaps Austin Jackson or Liam Eichenberg could be had for a 4th or 5th rounder. Now the Dolphins lack draft capital, and they just signed Armstead at LT. Jesse Davis looks to be the RT, so either guy could possibly be had for cheap. 
  • Jaguars- they are projected to draft a LT in the draft. They brought back Cam Robinson too. Could Walker Little or Jawaan Taylor be had? Walker looked promising last year, and Taylor is a former high pick who plays RT. thoughts on these trade idea 

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Perhaps Austin Jackson or Liam Eichenberg could be had for a 4th or 5th rounder. Now the Dolphins lack draft capital, and they just signed Armstead at LT. Jesse Davis looks to be the RT, so either guy could possibly be had for cheap. 
  • Jaguars- they are projected to draft a LT in the draft. They brought back Cam Robinson too. Could Walker Little or Jawaan Taylor be had? Walker looked promising last year, and Taylor is a former high pick who plays RT. thoughts on these trade idea 

Of any of them, Jawaan Taylor would suit.  

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I highly doubt Miami trades Eichenberg 1 year after drafting him in round 2, let alone for a 4th or 5th.  Jackson couldn’t make it at LT but was moved to guard.  I haven’t followed him since the move, how has he played?

I highly doubt Jax trades Little, but Taylor could definitely end up on the trade block.  Taylor is in last year of his deal and while he’s improved slightly over the last 3 years I could easily see them not wanting to extend him, especially if Little wins the job.  It’d be hard to trade a 4th for a 1yr RT rental whose got a history of struggling.  He’d have to be pretty cheap to trade for IMO.  He would only cost 2.79m though.

I have never predicted this team to win the AFC West since posting on this forum (2005), which is rather sad. Even 2017 coming off a 12-4 season, I expected us to slightly regress (which wasn’t a popular take). 

However, after all the additions we have made, especially Adams, and having a Top 5 Offense mind in the game in McDaniels, andddd Tyreek Hill leaving the division, I’m very tempted to pick us. So far I’m a big fan of Ziegler. Jury out on McDaniels. 

I will still probably pick the Chiefs but I’m VERY tempted to say the Raiders.  

One thing’s for sure, this is our best team on “paper” since at least 2017… and maybe even our best team on paper since 2002 (since the 2016/2017 defensive rosters kind of sucked). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I have never predicted this team to win the AFC West since posting on this forum (2005), which is rather sad. Even 2017 coming off a 12-4 season, I expected us to slightly regress (which wasn’t a popular take). 

However, after all the additions we have made, especially Adams, and having a Top 5 Offense mind in the game in McDaniels, andddd Tyreek Hill leaving the division, I’m very tempted to pick us. So far I’m a big fan of Ziegler. Jury out on McDaniels. 

I will still probably pick the Chiefs but I’m VERY tempted to say the Raiders.  

One thing’s for sure, this is our best team on “paper” since at least 2017… and maybe even our best team on paper since 2002 (since the 2016/2017 defensive rosters kind of sucked). 

Can’t remember the last time I could say we’re stacked. this roster is shaping up with only oline questionable 

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Can’t remember the last time I could say we’re stacked. this roster is shaping up with only oline questionable 

ILB and OL outside of LT are pretty questionable… and Abram is a liability at SS. But honestly this has become a very good roster if you compare it to the 31 other teams. I’d say at least Top 12-13… and arguably Top 10. 

The OL is still a major worry for me. Maybe the new staff are confident they can coach up some of these guys and we’ll be better now that Cable is gone, but on paper it’s a worryingly weak group of players.

We’re as good at the skill positions as I can remember for a long time. Won’t be picking us to win the division but we should still be a good team.

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The OL is still a major worry for me. Maybe the new staff are confident they can coach up some of these guys and we’ll be better now that Cable is gone, but on paper it’s a worryingly weak group of players.

We’re as good at the skill positions as I can remember for a long time. Won’t be picking us to win the division but we should still be a good team.

It’s still my biggest concern as well. I’m really hoping for some reinforcements once the Carr extension and the June 1st cap space hit.