Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For as annoying as they may be, BB is the GOAT HC and even if the game has passed him by/his stuff doesn't resonate with youth, he's still freaking Bill.

I hate a lot of things surrounding Sanders but purely as a player on the field, I think he's good. 

It's a weird combo but it would be a hell of a lot better than Pierce/Jimmy G.

I've graduated from supporting the Raiders no matter what. At the end of the day, it's entertainment not religion. If the Raiders are led by people I do not like, I'm not rooting for them. Belichick and Brady I could stomach, but Sanders is where I draw the line.

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is 73 year old Bill the guy is you want to hire at the start of a major rebuild? Especially after he just completely butchered the OC / young QB situation in New England? 

Bill could make sense for teams like the Jets, Eagles, or Cowboys. Teams that have their offensive stars in place and are looking to win now. 

By no means a fan of the idea on the surface, but Bill would go a long way helping reshape the Raider culture which hasn't been the same since Al started slipping. 

The Raiders could have have done much worse. I wouldn't bet against Bill's 3rd act. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

By no means a fan of the idea on the surface, but Bill would go a long way helping reshape the Raider culture which hasn't been the same since Al started slipping. 

The Raiders could have have done much worse. I wouldn't bet against Bill's 3rd act. 

It's not going to happen overnight though especially considering that we're going to be completely overhauling the roster over the next couple of years. Bill would be the oldest coach in NFL history at the start of next season, how many years is he realistically going to be around and is that going to be enough time to actually make a significant change? At this point of his career is he even interested in taking over a bad team in a rebuilding season? Can you trust him to get his offensive staff right after how poorly things ended in New England? Is he hired as just the head coach or does he also have a significant say in personnel decisions? 

After how badly JMD/DZ crashed and burned here I just think it would be crazy to try and go the Patriot way route again.

The whole "change the culture" thing takes a while.  You need to prove that buying in will lead to wins.  Does BB want to go through the growing pains again?  Does he have 4-5 years to turn it around?  A BB team does this quickly 10 years ago because he was winning.  After Brady left and the team fell off I do not think it happens right away.

58 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The whole "change the culture" thing takes a while.  You need to prove that buying in will lead to wins.  Does BB want to go through the growing pains again?  Does he have 4-5 years to turn it around?  A BB team does this quickly 10 years ago because he was winning.  After Brady left and the team fell off I do not think it happens right away.

If he chooses the correct QB and finds a good OC... It can be done. But you could potentially say that about any coach. I think Bill could do it much more efficiently and quickly though. But he won't be able to turn this around without that QB at the minimum 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NickButera said:

If he chooses the correct QB and finds a good OC... It can be done. But you could potentially say that about any coach. I think Bill could do it much more efficiently and quickly though. But he won't be able to turn this around without that QB at the minimum 

What about Bill's career without Tom Brady, especially his last few years in New England, gives you confidence that he would be able to find the correct QB and OC combo? He absolutely tanked Mac Jones development as soon as JMD left.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What about Bill's career without Tom Brady, especially his last few years in New England, gives you confidence that he would be able to find the correct QB and OC combo? He absolutely tanked Mac Jones development as soon as JMD left.

He got your boy a biggg contract… 

did work with Jimmy, Cassel and even Brisett. 

15 hours ago, NickButera said:

There's only one good OC that he had for most of his time in NE, and we just fired him on Halloween.  I would not trust BB to put together a staff and roster together without McDonalds at OC and Tom Brady under center.  And obviously neither of those are going to happen.  It's crazy if anyone is actually considering signing BB to be HC.

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Everyone on here said AP changed the culture in 9 games

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone on here said AP changed the culture in 9 games

I honestly think AP can change the culture.  I just think he needs to get rid of certain players to fit the culture.  Diva WRs who don't want to play in the preseason don't fit the culture.  CBs who avoid tackles (J. Jones) don't fit the culture.  We probably should have kept Amik Robertson.  He definitely fit the culture.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I honestly think AP can change the culture.  I just think he needs to get rid of certain players to fit the culture.  Diva WRs who don't want to play in the preseason don't fit the culture.  CBs who avoid tackles (J. Jones) don't fit the culture.  We probably should have kept Amik Robertson.  He definitely fit the culture.

What is the culture he is creating? The softest team in the NFL that doesn't play physical on either side of the ball and comes out flat every week?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What is the culture he is creating? The softest team in the NFL that doesn't play physical on either side of the ball and comes out flat every week?

I think he can develop the right culture with the right players.  Again, I think we need to cut/trade/let walk the players who don't fit.  I don't think we are all that soft.  I just think we have injuries at key positions that are killing us on both sides of the ball.  I also think not having a good QB is messing up the team's morale as well.  It's hard to want to play hard when you have Minshew throwing a 100-yard pick six.  And then you have O'Connell throwing a pick as well I believe (I stopped watching before he played).

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I think he can develop the right culture with the right players.  Again, I think we need to cut/trade/let walk the players who don't fit.  I don't think we are all that soft.  I just think we have injuries at key positions that are killing us on both sides of the ball.  I also think not having a good QB is messing up the team's morale as well.  It's hard to want to play hard when you have Minshew throwing a 100-yard pick six.  And then you have O'Connell throwing a pick as well I believe (I stopped watching before he played).

We had this off-season to bring in players that fit into his culture and the team looks significantly less disciplined and motivated then they did when he was coaching JMD's guys. Leading the league in missed tackles as a team is soft. We didn't have a QB last year and they still found a way to win and compete. At this point it's not even really about winning as much as it is competing. We've gotten blown out in 3/4 weeks by bad to average teams.