What have been the best and worst transactional moves of the offseason/season

brownie man

Some of the best that come to mind 

Kc trading Alex Smith

Chicago trading for Mack

Dallas trading for Cooper

My favorite personally is the Jets trading up with Indy for Darnold. I think going in not knowing who was going to be there at 3 took some guts. And to get your franchise QB for 2nds looks like a great move 

the worst I would say is the Jags resigning Black Bortles. That was such a stupid move they were kidding themselves with that one smh 

Colts trading down from pick number 3 to pick number 6

Jets: got

- QB Sam Darnold 

Colts: got 

- LG Quentin Nelson 

- RT Braden Smith 

- Edge Kemoko Turay *

- HB Jordan Wilkins * 

- 2019 second round pick 

* The second round pick that was originally Seattle’s was traded to Philadelphia (TE Dallas Goedert) for Philly’s second and fifth round picks) 

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Demario Davis is the best linebacker the Saints have had in 20 years. He’s made a huge impact on our defense since we signed him. 

Davis had a good year but he's far from a great signing, barely cracks the top 20.

18 minutes ago, Dome said:

He’s absolutely been a great signing. Best? No. 

But calling it “far from a great signing” is a bad take 

The saints finally got a solid starting LB in the middle of their defense, he's not the first LB this decade to have success in New Orleans from FA nor will he be the last. 

Great signings IMO (it's subjective as heck) are players who provide great return on their value or greatly outperform expectations. Someone like Casey Hayward for the chargers (I know he was re-signed but they signed him as a FA in like 2016) or Teddy Bridgewater who the jets flipped for solid draft captial. 

You have your terrible deals like, Bradford, J. Stewart, Bortles etc. 

35 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The saints finally got a solid starting LB in the middle of their defense, he's not the first LB this decade to have success in New Orleans from FA nor will he be the last. 

Great signings IMO (it's subjective as heck) are players who provide great return on their value or greatly outperform expectations. Someone like Casey Hayward for the chargers (I know he was re-signed but they signed him as a FA in like 2016) or Teddy Bridgewater who the jets flipped for solid draft captial. 

You have your terrible deals like, Bradford, J. Stewart, Bortles etc. 

Maybe Vilma, but Davis has been every bit as impressive and more consistent IMO. Outside of that what real talent have the Saints had at linebacker? It’s been a huge blemish on the team since Payton took over and nobody stands out until you get a few years into the 90s.

IMO you’re underselling how well he’s playing and how big of an impact has had on our turnaround. Saints have been the #1 scoring defense since week 4 and through that Davis has played at a level Saints fans simply haven’t seen from a Payton team. Again, I’ll hear an argument for Vilma if it’s good. 

They went 6 games in a row keeping opponents under 17 points in each game, and a huge part in that is that the Saints finally have a playmaker at linebacker, we’ve had talent on the line and secondary. Demario is the piece that brought it all together. it was 100% a great signing and you’ll never convince me otherwise if I’m being honest lol so we might just agree to disagree. :D

59 minutes ago, Dome said:

Maybe Vilma, but Davis has been every bit as impressive and more consistent IMO. Outside of that what real talent have the Saints had at linebacker? It’s been a huge blemish on the team since Payton took over and nobody stands out until you get a few years into the 90s.

IMO you’re underselling how well he’s playing and how big of an impact has had on our turnaround. Saints have been the #1 scoring defense since week 4 and through that Davis has played at a level Saints fans simply haven’t seen from a Payton team. Again, I’ll hear an argument for Vilma if it’s good. 

They went 6 games in a row keeping opponents under 17 points in each game, and a huge part in that is that the Saints finally have a playmaker at linebacker, we’ve had talent on the line and secondary. Demario is the piece that brought it all together. it was 100% a great signing and you’ll never convince me otherwise if I’m being honest lol so we might just agree to disagree. :D

I mean we all have our opinions but LB play isn't as crucial as it used to be and one solid season from a LB doesn't elevate a defense (Unless we're talking pass rushing LBs like mack) 

Plus the saints are averaging 20.9 PPG vs 21.2 from last year so eh.

31 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Plus the saints are averaging 20.9 PPG vs 21.2 from last year so eh.

This is more attributed to Lattimore and Williams (and Crawley) taking steps back this year. Lattimore isn’t a world beater and Williams has just been solid. If they were playing like they were last year we’d REALLY have something special on our hands with Davis stepping up the way he has 

Archived