Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

I see a few major factors here not involving the one everyone is focused on (Mariota's health).

1) The 8 penalties for 112 yards we had against Indy our last go around isn't indicative of the team we've been over the course of the year. That one game accounted for 11% of the total amount of penalties called against us (73), and 17% of the total amount of penalty yards called against us (652). We're the least penalized team and have the lowest amount of penalty yardage called against us in the NFL. That coupled with the tweet below leads me to believe that penalties against us will not cripple us this time.

2) Turnovers. We've been very opportune in forcing them during our current 4 game winning streak. Of the 15 turnovers we've forced, 6 of them have come in the last 4 games which accounts for 40% of our total. Compare that to only 2 giveaways during that same stretch and we're at a 3/1 ratio. Luck is tied for 2nd in most interceptions thrown and coupled with how our defense is forcing turnovers as of late I think it will be a much different story compared to when we last played - 2 giveaway's to Indy's 0. I do not expect them to be perfect in that department again.

3) Dean Pees is back from the last time we squared off. I think it goes without saying how much the defense is effected when it's coordinator is rushed to the hospital. It left Vrabel (who I don't think is that great of a defensive coordinator in the first place) in a very bad position and the Colts took full advantage of it. Hopefully he finds a way to scheme up the defense well enough to slow them down without Ryan and Casey. He's one of the best in the game so I think he can, I'm just not sure if we have enough horses left to execute.

4) Home field advantage is huge for us and luckily we'll have that advantage this time. We're a much better team at home and hopefully with Pees' return it will outweigh the loss of Ryan and Casey. I know it's been talked about a lot already so just to keep it short, we're 6-1 at home compared to only 3-5 on the road (as I'm sure all of you already know). 

5) King Henry is playing the best ball of his career right now. He's a much different player now than he was in our week 11 match up. He only carried the ball 3 times in the first half of that game (which won't happen this time) for 2, 0, and 1 yards and the only reason he finished with 9/46 was because we were down 24-0 which allowed them to ignore the run. Lewis was also getting the start over him at that point because he was playing so weak. Something to consider: Indianapolis' rushing defense is ranked 6th in ypc (3.8) and 8th yds/g (102.2). Their run defense is nothing to sneeze at, it's a very good unit - top 10 to be exact. The o-line and Henry we'll have to be at their best to penetrate it.

Definitely looks like he's missing some velocity, but great that he's out there.

Still three days to go. He should be fine. Probably sat out yesterday just to rest it.

They probably think he's comfortable enough that the rest is more important.

19 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I love that the media is not only giving us no chance, but are just flat out admitting they don't want us in the playoffs because we're boring.

We've been an emotional team that needs that extra motivation.

we are boring, but there's been times this year where we have played just real solid football. it's a shame that the media cannot even give an accurate portrayal of us on TV, but par for the course

I’m glad that we’re boring and that it makes the national media hate us. It’s nothing but a bunch of hot take idiots that don’t really appreciate the actual game of football. Guys like Brian Baldinger who get excited over an offensive line creating a wall and moving the defensive line back 5 yards for a 7 yard gain are who I have respect for because they see more than, “OMGPOINTZZ”

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I’m glad that we’re boring and that it makes the national media hate us. It’s nothing but a bunch of hot take idiots that don’t really appreciate the actual game of football. Guys like Brian Baldinger who get excited over an offensive line creating a wall and moving the defensive line back 5 yards for a 7 yard gain are who I have respect for because they see more than, “OMGPOINTZZ”

Everyone thought we'd lose to the Patriots. Their word means nothing lol

I hope we have a solid plan and the players execute it

Archived