Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Exactly this. 

Everyone plan is:

Cut Mariota

???? 

We winz!! 

I get the frustration. But what's the plan? I dint get the hate for Mariota. He is McNair so far...but maybe he's smarter and starts avoiding the injuries as he matures... He's still only 25. 

I at just have a plan how I'd attack the offseason... As unrealistic as that may be.

And no, Bridgewater is not a staring option. How much time has he missed? Same with Flacco, he's missed me time than Mariota since Mariota's been in the league. 

literally nobody’s plan involves cutting mariota. if you’re gonna argue, do so without making stuff up. even the folks most tired of him on here agree that keeping him for his 5th year option is an inevitability.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

literally nobody’s plan involves cutting mariota. if you’re gonna argue, do so without making stuff up. even the folks most tired of him on here agree that keeping him for his 5th year option is an inevitability.

His *** needs to retire... Is something I read in here somewhere... 

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I've also seen posts people calling us to trade for Flacco. Not directly a request to cut Mariota, but there no way we carry two 20+M qbs. 

Reading between the lines... 

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

Of course, this is all gonna be silly if Mariota does end up starting tonight. 

For his sake he better get his pads on because if he doesn’t play and we lose he’s going to lose ALOT of fans.. Fans in the city Love Mariota as a role model but  a lot of them are getting tired of the injuries .. The ones I talk to can get past the inconsistent play because he shines in games more times then not but his injuries have been more consistent then his play the first 4 years and that’s alarming .. He’s only played in 1 week 17 game in his 4 year career.. 

4 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

For his sake he better get his pads on because if he doesn’t play and we lose he’s going to lose ALOT of fans.. Fans in the city Love Mariota as a role model but  a lot of them are getting tired of the injuries .. The ones I talk to can get past the inconsistent play because he shines in games more times then not but his injuries have been more consistent then his play the first 4 years and that’s alarming .. He’s only played in 1 week 17 game in his 4 year career.. 

For a city or fan base that loved McNair and  puts him at hero status this thought process is baffling. 

But continue on. 

Anybody that thinks any professional player would volenteerly "sit out" of a game with this much on the line...basically a playoff game is just delusional. There is no way Marcus rolled into the facility and said...I should probably not play, so I can be healty for next year....no player would do that. Gaurentee the decision was not his, and that he was devestated when told. 

I feel terrible for him because we all know he lives for these moments...but consistantly is injured and in position to miss these big moments. 

All of that said, next year is it for Marcus. We need to begin to put a plan in place this offseason for life after Mariota. Maybe trade out of the first round to get a second 1st rounder next year to possibly move up. 

Here is to a good game and a Titan victory!!!!

22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Then what’s the plan? Let’s say the 5th year goes similar to this one..but give benefit of the doubt that his numbers improve after another year in this offense. Let’s say he misses 2 games but we are in a playoff race

whats the plan 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

For a city or fan base that loved McNair and  puts him at hero status this thought process is baffling. 

But continue on. 

I wish there was a Titans forum from 1999 I could go back and look at. I'm sure the talk about McNair would look very similar to the talk we're seeing now with Mariota. Maybe even worse.

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Then what’s the plan? Let’s say the 5th year goes similar to this one..but give benefit of the doubt that his numbers improve after another year in this offense. Let’s say he misses 2 games but we are in a playoff race

whats the plan 

depends on how much his numbers improve. if they don’t, or only improve marginally, it’s really not worth it. i don’t think y’all realize how bad mariota’s production has been this year. we could get this level of production out of a lot of quarterbacks, not necessarily elite ones.

if his numbers improve significantly, yeah i’d lean toward keeping him. but i don’t see that happening.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

depends on how much his numbers improve. if they don’t, or only improve marginally, it’s really not worth it. i don’t think y’all realize how bad mariota’s production has been this year. we could get this level of production out of a lot of quarterbacks, not necessarily elite ones.

if his numbers improve significantly, yeah i’d lean toward keeping him. but i don’t see that happening.

Everyone watches the games and see his numbers 

but I cannot sit here and say that Marcus is what is holding this offense back. Our passing O is broken in so many ways. It’s easy to blame the QB, but there are so many bigger issues with this offense that it baffles me to say that a QB change can do the trick. Unless your POV is to pay a game manager and just build around that, but that sure as hell isnt going to take us anywhere 

Archived