Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I wish there was a Titans forum from 1999 I could go back and look at. I'm sure the talk about McNair would look very similar to the talk we're seeing now with Mariota. Maybe even worse.

You can Google it and see the keep O'Donnell and cut McNair articles. 

Are Titans better off with Neil than Steve?

I remember vividly the calls to sit Steve I our super bowl year. They booed the man when he got injured. Lol cheered when Neil went in. Lol 

But hey it's easier and more romantic to talk of the hero of Steve. 

Not remembering when he was "healthy enough" to come off the bench to win us games. Why didn't he start? Was the call. 

But oh well. Lol

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i can lol

How? How is Marcus Mariota holding back a first-year offense that couldn’t run until a month ago, can’t pass block, has a very inconsistent playcaller, and whose most reliable target is a second year receiver?

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You can Google it and see the keep O'Donnell and cut McNair articles. 

Are Titans better off with Neil than Steve?

I remember vividly the calls to sit Steve I our super bowl year. They booed the man when he got injured. Lol cheered when Neil went in. Lol 

But hey it's easier and more romantic to talk of the hero of Steve. 

Not remembering when he was "healthy enough" to come off the bench to win us games. Why didn't he start? Was the call. 

But oh well. Lol

O'Donnell was a better overall QB than McNair in 99. Fisher knew long term that sticking with McNair was the best option, though.

We already knew this game was going to basically ride on the shoulders of Henry and our offensive line. 

I've watched Gabbert since he was a rookie taken in the first round with Locker. I used to hate him, thought he was basically the opposite of what I like in a QB; the guys who are tough, take a lot of chances, who put the team on their shoulders and who embody that Hero archetype you see in war movies. I think he's changed and grown up and I like him a lot more now than who he was, but I still haven't really seen enough of that from him. I mean tonight is the biggest game of this guys life, a lot of backups rise to the occasion when put in this kind of situation and play the game of their life so I'm just hoping that's what we get from him. He's been in the league long enough to understand the ins and outs of being a quarterback, this is where he's got a chance to prove himself and show what he's actually made of. 

42 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

For a city or fan base that loved McNair and  puts him at hero status this thought process is baffling. 

But continue on. 

I’m sure fans aren’t happy they spent hundreds of dollars if not thousands to bring there family to this game tonight only to find out 12 hours before the game there injury prone qbs out yet again .. No matter how you spin it him not playing tonight is not good for his reputation that’s already questioned with injuries . 

Archived