Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

Just now, KingTitan said:

That's the point... what is it proving? that they played in week 17? 
Go with those guys then right? Because its all about playing week 17?   If that is your point, then all other points made or tried to make about our QB situation is null and void. 

So when I or anyone else makes a comparison with Marcus and another QB, the argument that they are this and that and Marcus is this is out the door then right?

A QB generally needs to be available at the end of the year... Yes lmao.

Regardless of talent, you're not doing your team much good trying to get into the playoffs from the bench.

No idea where you're going with this one man.

Just now, KingTitan said:

That's the point... what is it proving? that they played in week 17? 
Go with those guys then right? Because its all about playing week 17?   If that is your point, then all other points made or tried to make about our QB situation is null and void. 

So when I or anyone else makes a comparison with Marcus and another QB, the argument that they are this and that and Marcus is this is out the door then right?

oh my god dude

the point is that marcus cant stay healthy. that’s literally it. this has nothing to do with anything else

In one season 5 rookie QBs have as many week 17 starts as Marcus Mariota. That doesn't make them better....

It's merely a comparison to contrast how unreliable he is to be healthy at the end of the year.

I don't know what is being missed here... Lol

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

It's not a double standard if you're saying one person said something I didn't say.... ??? What exactly is my double  standard? I compare him to people like Luck and Mahommes and people say I cant because not every QB is that good. I want to compare Mariota to other good QBs. It's usually people who support him who don't because it makes him look bad. 

So your argument is that a QB cannot be both talented and healthy? I don't get the point you're trying to make. You're just listing bad QBs and saying their were healthy. So what? When did I ever say we should just sign the healthiest QB? When did I say talent doesn't matter? There is no point to your argument.

The point of my post.......

In the NFL, whether or not you get into the playoffs often comes down to the last couple weeks. Marcus Mariota has missed time in week 16 and 17 due to injury in 3 out of 4 seasons. He has not been healthy in the weeks we could be pushing for the playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons. 

The comparison is not about the talent level of the players, but that they have all been in the NFL for ONE season and have matched his week 17 starts. That's the only comparison I made and to take it in any other direction is a huge reach.

We need a QB who is both talented and available in week 17. I just figured I didn't have to mention he had to be talented as well......

Just like I'd assume, I wouldn't have to say, "Yes Marcus isn't Tom Brady or QB x, but this situation is similar to that situation."  And if you didn't then it's not directed at you, but I know I've been told I can't make comparisons to statistically successful QBs because one is this and Marucs is that. 
But when you make that comparision, it does lead one to assume that they are better than our QB because they doing a certain thing. 

I got the point of your post, just pointing our something I've been told "I couldn't do." 

But anywho.  Done with it. 
I'm getting ready to go to this game and be as loud as proud as I can be! So excited. :) 

But if you do want to compare him to Rivers...Marcus has more playoff wins the last 4 years than him. Oh and Mahomes, Darnold, Wentz, Luck, Goeff, Cousins combined.

The same as Rodgers, Wilson, and Brees.  

I think the greater point is Marcus has gotten us to 3 strait winning seasons, with missing time injured. We can all admit he is fragile, but only a few can admit when he plays he is a winner, and does whatever he can to lead us to wins.

22 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Man... I can only lmao at some of these posts. I'm outta here soon... Leaving this game day thread to the morose. Yall have fun and enjoy yourselves. Lol

Win or lose, it was a good season. A lot of injuries, a lot of adversity, a lot of in-season growth... And a lot of reason for optimism next season regardless what happens tonight. 

Talk to you all soon... But if this game breaks you and you're done, be done. Don't just post about it and lack on the follow through. If you're so upset that you're cussing at a phone, keyboard, screen... Step away for a second. As much as we all love the Titans, it'll be ok... 

Right there with ya!

This has been a tough season. We should have known it was going to be crazy with that first Dolphins game.  
I'm believing in this staff and the team. 

Next year should be exciting with healthy players and another year in the systems.  

Just enjoy the process tonight and stop being so negative about every single play. Enjoy the whole game. 
3 Winning seasons are hard to come by. We should know. been at the bottom for so long. Plenty of teams would love to trade places with us. 
I hope ya'll enjoy the game. 
If you hate the team so much, go head and walk away. Better things in life than to come back week after week to watch and be here miserable. 

Titans have always been about a team, not a star player.  

Headed to this game to be a part of something special hopefully.  This team feels like something special. Colts are supposed to win this based on everything logical.  Luck, healthy players...

But this team.... this TEAM......

TitanUp!

I just don’t even know what the next move is. Marcus is back next year. Obviously. But where after that? I just don’t see how you can give him a monster contract, but barring a long-term injury, I don’t see how we’re bad enough to get a top QB. Do we prefer Tannehill? Because that’s as good as it’s going to get in free agency.

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Welp. It was fun. This game is going to be embarrassing. Honestly ready to move on from Mariota. Thought he had more stones than this.

I have no doubt that he’s being held out by the team. He’s played through enough that there shouldn’t be any questioning of his toughness. But toughness only goes so far when you’re constantly nursing something. Or often multiple somethings.

Archived