It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

48 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

nick would be an idiot to not sign it right away and guarantee himself 25 million dollars 

Maybe, depends how much he wants to be a starter 

if being a starter is a priority, he won’t sign the tag until a deal is in place

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe, depends how much he wants to be a starter 

if being a starter is a priority, he won’t sign the tag until a deal is in place

kiltman you are kidding yourself if you wouldnt take 25 million dollars to sit on a bench for 16 weekends.

40 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

kiltman you are kidding yourself if you wouldnt take 25 million dollars to sit on a bench for 16 weekends.

Oh I would, but I’m not an NFL QB

Who knows what Nick wants, im sure they will have discussions with him and his agent.

and they probably are talking to teams already. I don’t think they do this if there isn’t much interest in Nick. So much so that someone would trade for him. This leak is most likely a signal flare of “you want him, come and get him”

You got two teams in the Jags and Broncos who are ready to go and compete. You got two QBs that seem likely to get taken high, neither of which seem like plug and play guys. And on top of it the Giants pick before them. If they want to pry open their closing windows they need a guy now. Nick’s really the only guy. 

Then you have the Phins as a trade partner and the Skins (maybe Giants) as a team that will be competition for him on the open market.

my guess is they get creative. Get a pick and then do a 2nd round pick swap or something.

and if Nick comes back, while it’s way too rich, for two years in a row we proved the benefits of having him. I don’t remember the trade deadlines, but maybe they just wait and do it when some team is left with nothing.

You have a hot commodity at the most important position. We’ve seen much worse go for much much more.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Oh I would, but I’m not an NFL QB

Who knows what Nick wants, im sure they will have discussions with him and his agent.

and they probably are talking to teams already. I don’t think they do this if there isn’t much interest in Nick. So much so that someone would trade for him. This leak is most likely a signal flare of “you want him, come and get him”

You got two teams in the Jags and Broncos who are ready to go and compete. You got two QBs that seem likely to get taken high, neither of which seem like plug and play guys. And on top of it the Giants pick before them. If they want to pry open their closing windows they need a guy now. Nick’s really the only guy. 

Then you have the Phins as a trade partner and the Skins (maybe Giants) as a team that will be competition for him on the open market.

my guess is they get creative. Get a pick and then do a 2nd round pick swap or something.

and if Nick comes back, while it’s way too rich, for two years in a row we proved the benefits of having him. I don’t remember the trade deadlines, but maybe they just wait and do it when some team is left with nothing.

You have a hot commodity at the most important position. We’ve seen much worse go for much much more.

meh just seems like a lot of risk when you can just get the third round comp pick next year.

There is a lot we don’t know

like has Jason Peters expressed he’s retiring?

What is Graham’s ask?

are they moving on from Tate? Or trying to trade Nelly?

are they gearing up to go after someone major in FA like a Bell or trying to get assets to trade for someone.

there is certainly risk but plenty of reason to at least explore this. I think it’s obvious they are trying to put this out now as leaks to get the ball rolling before they are locked in. 

42 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

There is a lot we don’t know

like has Jason Peters expressed he’s retiring?

What is Graham’s ask?

are they moving on from Tate? Or trying to trade Nelly?

are they gearing up to go after someone major in FA like a Bell or trying to get assets to trade for someone.

there is certainly risk but plenty of reason to at least explore this. I think it’s obvious they are trying to put this out now as leaks to get the ball rolling before they are locked in. 

I wouldnt bother trying to keep tate, 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I have a feeling it was the plan to buy Tate for a 3rd to try and make a run and then recoup the comp pick the following year 

That still seems like a dumb move by Howie. Like why trade for another slot?

If we were gonna trade a 3rd I would've liked to get someone who could contribute opposite Jeffery. Ideally someone that could've stretched the field vertically.

Plus, let's be honest here.... we'll never see a 3rd round comp pick for Tate. Hopefully a 4th? Maybe a 5th if the market isn't too kind.

57 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That still seems like a dumb move by Howie. Like why trade for another slot?

If we were gonna trade a 3rd I would've liked to get someone who could contribute opposite Jeffery. Ideally someone that could've stretched the field vertically.

Plus, let's be honest here.... we'll never see a 3rd round comp pick for Tate. Hopefully a 4th? Maybe a 5th if the market isn't too kind.

I didn’t say it was a good move. I just said that was probably the move. I think a 4th comp pick with a shot at a 3rd is realistic. I thin Tate is probably the best WR on the market 

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I didn’t say it was a good move. I just said that was probably the move. I think a 4th comp pick with a shot at a 3rd is realistic. I thin Tate is probably the best WR on the market 

Yeah, just looked at the predictions for comp picks for this year and I guess you're right if Spotrac's market value prediction for Tate is accurate.

They have him at the following:

• 3 yrs, $30,662,703
  • Avg. Salary: $10,220,901

The lowest projected 3rd round comp is usually around the 9 to 10 million range for average per year.

Also, something that I found out researching is that any player with 10 accrued seasons can only get you a 5th rounder no matter how much they sign for....

Luckily for us this was only Tate's 9th accrued season!

giphy.gif

Archived