It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

Just now, Kiltman said:

people who think he's just as good are, people who think we are a better team with Nick and the bounty we get for Carson aren't that insane.

No team is going to give up the haul we'd be looking for to get for Carson in Return. 4 1st round picks +

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

No team is going to give up the haul we'd be looking for to get for Carson in Return. 4 1st round picks +

that's what you'd want. as we've found out this year fans don't really have a clue what teams are willing to trade for players. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Probs,

But you give the low end teams in this league a little too much credit, like I wholeheartedly think Gruden and the Raiders would do it if they can move Carr.
I think they know he'll never be anything special.

1 hour ago, ianlewis16 said:

that's what you'd want. as we've found out this year fans don't really have a clue what teams are willing to trade for players. 

Yass...

As I've said in this thread a few times, depends who is offering...

For me:

Oakland give me two 1s this year, a first 2020

Jax give me Jalen Ramsey, a 2nd 2019 and a first in 2020

Denver give me a first in 2019, one in 2020 and one in 2021 

Jimmy has an article explainig the situation perfectly. The eagles need to shed 15+m in salary before the new league year kicks in.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/analyzing-report-eagles-will-let-nick-foles-walk-free-and-clear/

This is how Howie can pull of for example. 

Extend Nelson Agholor to a 3 year 21m deal with 9m signing bonus. Cap hits 5.5m, 6.5m, 9m for a 7m average is not a bad deal for him IMO. +3.9m

Restructure Nigel Bradham. He barely has any guaranteed money, so give him a 6m signing bonus and move 4.5m to the last three years. +4.5m

Restructure Michael Bennett. He has nil guaranteed money. Convert 5m base and 1m roster bonus into a signing bonus. +3m

Restructure Timmy Jernigan. OTC is not updated, but he is supposed to have zero guaranteed and the 3 years are all option years for 10+m per. I think it is reasonable to achieve a relief for 2019 around +5m

49 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Unless I am getting Pat Mahommes there is no package that I would want to trade Wentz for. In 2-3 years he is easily a top 3-5 QB in the league. No amount of picks is worth sacrificing that IMO. 

It’s pretty crazy. Everyone here watched McNabb’s whole career. He is the best QB in FRANCHISE HISTORY. And he had maybe one year of MVP level play. Carson would have been the MVP in year two. He’s 25. People need to relax. We’re talking 10 years of top QB play possibly. You don’t trade that. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s pretty crazy. Everyone here watched McNabb’s whole career. He is the best QB in FRANCHISE HISTORY. And he had maybe one year of MVP level play. Carson would have been the MVP in year two. He’s 25. People need to relax. We’re talking 10 years of top QB play possibly. You don’t trade that. 

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. You need a decent QB to keep you competitive. We'd be rolling around in dog crap if we didn't draft Carson.

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

nick foles is the best qb in franchise history.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

None of that equates to him being a better NFL QB than Carson Wentz 

I never said he is a better QB than Carson Wentz. 

I don't think Carson is worse than Nick. I like both a lot. I just also really like complaining about mock draft picks and we'll get more of those if we trade Carson.

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I never said he is a better QB than Carson Wentz. 

I don't think Carson is worse than Nick. I like both a lot. I just also really like complaining about mock draft picks and we'll get more of those if we trade Carson.

But then we have a worse QB.......

We would also get more in a trade for Fletcher Cox than Treyvon Hester.  

Archived