BDL 2018 Semifinals: #7 Hawaii Nightmarchers @ #1 Orlando Ospreys

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Orlando Ospreys  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2018 at 05:00 PM

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, ny92mike said:

Having foresight of how the games played out sunday and incorporating that into your game plan is kinda cheap, but I still love ya. 

The only foresight I used was the Saturday game of the Chargers/Ravens?

19 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

If Hawaii hadn't brought in the 6th o-lineman for a decent chunk of the game this would've been a bit more one sided for Orlando but as Jlash said, good counter. 

Both of these gameplans complement each other really well, with Gronk more or less being irrelevant this year I don't see him being a big factor and Hawaii's CBs are more than capable of limiting Orlando's WRs or keeping them in check. AB vs. Ramsey would be a hell of a matchup here, I think both get their dues but in the end AB wins more.

This is a close one, both teams have good options on offense and solid defenses to counter each other. I'll say Orlando's performance from Rivers and focus on bringing an extra d-linemans ways it to Hawaii's side. 

Hawaii 33-Orlando 30

Judging by this I think you put your actual vote on the wrong team.

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

The 5 man front would work quite well against a 6 man line, and I think using Carson was a very wise decision.

Don't understand this comment. Running less people at more people is a decided disadvantage for Orlando? I willingly took a playmaker off the field for this advantage as I think my running game at the weak Orlando D line is the key to the game churning out 5 yards at a time and hoping Saquon breaks a few big runs (which is a pretty solid bet on my part)

10 hours ago, PR said:

Just my two cents, you are better off having Cohen on the field as a RB/WR flex than Smith.

Ill read the rest tomorrow 

Smith is on the field to make sure the safeties are out of the box. In general I agree with you that Cohen is a better weapon in space but this is a case where how the piece is played is more important than what the piece is. If Smith wasn't on the field they could attempt to load the box.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Counselor said:

I however see some inconsistency in the defensive gameplan. It is said you are regularly bringing five rushers to bring pressure on Rivers. But that pressure is then listed as contingent on Kamara or the TE staying into block. So depending on what Orlando does it could nullify the advantage you claim to have by pressuring Rivers with five. And I don’t see how often you’ll be playing man or zone to see if the safety blitzes are consistent enough to get that five man pressure like you claim. 

My standard blitz was coming from the Safety/Corner, this was not dependant on Orlando but rather if we were playing zone/man at the time. The LB blitz was only in the case of using Gronk or Kamara as a blocker. Guess I could have made that clearer.

Orlando 

I hate six man lines.  While I understand you want to line up against 5 DL, you also just basically brought a sixth Blitzer as they don't have to worry about Jordan mills doing anything. 

Also using hurry up should work here.  Why William Hayes is still listed when he hasn't played since September boggles my mind 

Close game, but Mike did a good thing to point out lacking depth from the road team at DL. Why isn’t Arik Armstead listed as a bench player? Why is William Hayes listed on Hawaii’s bench? These are issues you would expect to be solved from a championship team.

Anyway, the Hawaii offense will be tough to stop. SaQuan Barkley and Russell create a devestating backfield presence. Mike has Wagner and Davis playing relatively well, but the safety play brings no fear(Eddie Jackson’s injury is huge). I think Barkley/Cohen/ Dangerruss are capable of putting up quality rushing numbers. This helps as Russ has been deadly efficient this year. Ramsey can put some clamps on AB as Jaire would get beaten repeatedly. All in all, it’ll be tough to stop.

Orlando will need to score plenty of points. Fortunately, Rivers is well protected with some nice weapons to target. KJ Wright is back at the right time and I like the safety pair of the road team. It’ll be much harder for Rivers to get going, which is why lacking DL depth is huge. As the game progresses, I can see the starters being worn down. This will have massive ramifications in the trenches as Hawaii’s has viable guys they refused to list. Kyler Fackrell is a strong pass rush substitute but as we’ve seen when asked to start, Hawaii’s likes him for coverage purposes.

Its going to be a close game and while I think Hawaii’s inefficiencies will hurt them there’s reason to believe that running game will get going. I think it could be a long game for the back seven as the safeties are NFL average and after Wagner, they are going to have problems stopping the run. On the other end, I think the running backs help Rivers get the ball out quickly and can make things easier for their passer which is necessary against that pass rush. In a worthwhile game, I will take the home team.

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Close game, but Mike did a good thing to point out lacking depth from the road team at DL. Why isn’t Arik Armstead listed as a bench player? Why is William Hayes listed on Hawaii’s bench? These are issues you would expect to be solved from a championship team.

Anyway, the Hawaii offense will be tough to stop. SaQuan Barkley and Russell create a devestating backfield presence. Mike has Wagner and Davis playing relatively well, but the safety play brings no fear(Eddie Jackson’s injury is huge). I think Barkley/Cohen/ Dangerruss are capable of putting up quality rushing numbers. This helps as Russ has been deadly efficient this year. Ramsey can put some clamps on AB as Jaire would get beaten repeatedly. All in all, it’ll be tough to stop.

Orlando will need to score plenty of points. Fortunately, Rivers is well protected with some nice weapons to target. KJ Wright is back at the right time and I like the safety pair of the road team. It’ll be much harder for Rivers to get going, which is why lacking DL depth is huge. As the game progresses, I can see the starters being worn down. This will have massive ramifications in the trenches as Hawaii’s has viable guys they refused to list. Kyler Fackrell is a strong pass rush substitute but as we’ve seen when asked to start, Hawaii’s likes him for coverage purposes.

Its going to be a close game and while I think Hawaii’s inefficiencies will hurt them there’s reason to believe that running game will get going. I think it could be a long game for the back seven as the safeties are NFL average and after Wagner, they are going to have problems stopping the run. On the other end, I think the running backs help Rivers get the ball out quickly and can make things easier for their passer which is necessary against that pass rush. In a worthwhile game, I will take the home team.

There is no homefield advantage in the semis FYI

53 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Actually we voted in the 2018 Winter meetings to make only the Bizz Bowl Neutral.

Topic #4 - Home field Advantage Extended in Playoffs

Current Rule - Homefield advantage carries through the first round of the playoffs but the semifinals and Bizz bowl are on a neutral field.

Proposed Change - Homefield advantage added to the semifinals. Bizzbowl still on a neutral field.

Archived