Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

I’m not sure if this league will be back next year, but a 3 keeper no cost. Just keep your 3 best guys.

PPR what 3 would you keep?

Kamara

JuJu

Kelce

Conner

Kamara is a lock. I almost feel like Kelce has to be too. I’m leaning Conner as the 3rd but hard to let JuJu go.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m not sure if this league will be back next year, but a 3 keeper no cost. Just keep your 3 best guys.

Kamara

JuJu

Kelce

Conner

Kamara is a lock. I almost feel like Kelce has to be too. I’m leaning Conner as the 3rd but hard to let JuJu go.

Agree with kamara and Kelce.  After that, Conner would depend on how the PIT offseason goes.  Big Ben retiring changes things.  Brown pulling a L Bell and holding out changes things.  

I think at present, having both Kamara and Conner would set you up  really well for the RB position and let you fill in the WR spots with your top picks.  More depth at WR to find those players.

Certainly trade options might be in play there

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 12:21 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Davante Adams vs DeAndre Hopkins? It is a toss up but who do you prefer? Keeper league.

Like others have said, not sure there is a wrong answer here.  Both are clear #1 options.

Hopkins has a few more years of producing at top level vs Adams having 1 maybe 2 if you give him 2017 season.

With GB changing over the HC and OC, I would lean Hopkins based on likely stability of the system.  Say if McDaniels is hired in GB, does the offense shift enough to move targets away from Adams to the RB/TE and secondary WR options?  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Don’t overthink it. Hopkins is the better player. He’s your answer 

Thanks guys. We keep one player year in and year out but every 3rd year, we are able to recycle our keeper and pick a new one. Fournette would be my keeper BUT with guys like Hopkins and Adams in the pool, I am going to try to get one of them.

5 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Is there a free website you use/trust when assessing incoming rookies & ranking dynasty players?

I've been using fantasypros.com

Or is there a pay site worth the $$?

Thanks in advance!

The Fantasy Footbsllers are a year round podcast that will do a lot of dynasty talk in the offseason 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I won my primary league.  It's normal scoring, 1 point per reception, can keep up to four keepers.  If I do not keep four keepers, I can draft before the fifth round in my spot.  

QB- Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford

RB- Todd Gurley, Zeke Elliott, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, Damien Williams, Spencer Ware, Darrius Guice (IR stash)

WR- Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Emmanuel Sanders, Julian Edelman, Golden Tate

TE- Zach Ertz, Trey Burton 

Last year, my keepers were Gurley, Elliott, Cook and Evans.  I am thinking this year, Gurley, EE, Chubb and either Evans/Ertz are the call.   I can also trade players for draft picks if other teams want to pick up keeper eligible players.  

I'd keep the RBs and Ertz. With your trade scheme I'd look to move Hunt/Cook/Evans for picks.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:11 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

My dynasty league is super detailed and kind of confusing to explain, but I’ll attempt.

Its a IDP Salary Cap League where you have 32 player rosters with $45 million dollar salary cap. Players are under contract for 1, 2 or 3 years. All players who have 1 year contacts will become free agents to go into the auction unless you transition tag 1 player to keep him. If a player is under contract for more than 1 year, you take a cap hit for 50% of his salary if you want to cut him.

Winston- he is under contract for 2 years for 3 million per year. I have Big Ben and Josh Rosen. Im thinking about cutting ties with Winston and taking the cap hit and trying to grab another QB in the auction.

Lockett- he has an expiring contract so I’m thinking about transition tagging him for just under 2 million. I have DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks under contract. I figured locking up Lockett could really solidify that position and allow me to use more auction money on RB that I have to rebuild.

Cook- situation similar to Lockett. Didn’t realize he was a real life FA so probably gonna let him walk. I already have OJ Howard and Philly Goedart locked up at TE.

A little more complicated than a standard league. My question is what is the average cost for a mid range starter (aka what do you have Big Ben for?) if that cost is more than 1.5 million I'd probably hang onto Winston for another year. This year was a roller coaster with Fitzpatrick but when Winston does play he does put up fantasy numbers.

I'd definitely transition tag Lockett as that sounds very cheap for a #1 target.

I'd let go. With Howard as your #1 TE I'd look for an upside flier for your bench (or maybe even resign cook for cheaper if he signs back with Oakland)

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, The LBC said:

More or less set myself up with options (also just to block others from getting worthwhile keepers on the cheap).

It's a 2-keeper 1/2pt PPR league with an auction draft, so I'll probably end up keeping Michael Thomas again this year even at a $5 increase on price (which would put him up to $12 out of a $200 budget).  I'm going to dump David Johnson mostly because his keeper cost was getting up there (I was kind of counting on this anyway and the lull in performance pretty much sealed the deal).  So I've got Conner who I can keep at $5, and then I took late season fliers stashing Courtland Sutton on my bench and Jerrick McKinnon on my IR for keeper costs of $2 and $1 respectively.  Most likely it'll be one of Conner or McKinnon, with the former having the inside track, but I like having an insurance policy against one of my RB keepers getting injured in the preseason (or at least the preseason that takes place ahead of when we draft).

Other option, I suppose, but I don't value QB's as highly (lone exception would be if I could have locked down Mahomes at $1 keeper value the first year and a $5 increase each subsequent year, because I'd have a Top 5 fantasy QB locked up for 4 seasons at the average price paid per QB for the league), is I have Josh Allen at a $1 keeper value.

I feel like the obvious answers here are Thomas and Conner. I understand the fascination with Mahomes but like you I generally undervalue QBs.

I Sutton is a #2 in his own offense and McKinnon is a RB coming back from an ACL. I don't like either of them as keepers over the other two (or Mahomes for that matter)

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Davante Adams vs DeAndre Hopkins? It is a toss up but who do you prefer? Keeper league.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

First round pick for all keepers. We try to keep it simple in our league lol.

Really a toss up. Honestly I'd personally probably make this decision based on who I ended up with in other leagues but you can't go wrong.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Kamara

JuJu

Kelce

Conner

I'd take the RBs and Kelce. JuJu is hard to let go but he's still fighting AB for targets (assuming that situation doesn't go more south than it already has)

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

A little more complicated than a standard league. My question is what is the average cost for a mid range starter (aka what do you have Big Ben for?) if that cost is more than 1.5 million I'd probably hang onto Winston for another year. This year was a roller coaster with Fitzpatrick but when Winston does play he does put up fantasy numbers.

I'd definitely transition tag Lockett as that sounds very cheap for a #1 target.

I'd let go. With Howard as your #1 TE I'd look for an upside flier for your bench (or maybe even resign cook for cheaper if he signs back with Oakland)

The average salary is between 1 and 1.5 million. The minimum is 500k.

Big Ben’s salary is also 3 mill 

26 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I feel like the obvious answers here are Thomas and Conner. I understand the fascination with Mahomes but like you I generally undervalue QBs.

I Sutton is a #2 in his own offense and McKinnon is a RB coming back from an ACL. I don't like either of them as keepers over the other two (or Mahomes for that matter)

I didn't even have a crack at Mahomes.  I was saying he'd be the only one I'd have considered keeping - similar to the guy in our league who had Cam pre-breakout at a cheap keeper cost (and when Cam was still racking up rushing TD's).  My option would be to keep Allen which would take him looking Mahomes-ian in the preseason this year (which I don't think he's capable of).

McKinnon is largely Conner insurance - against the freak minicamp ACL tear.

• Like 1