Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

I have no clue how people are still saying the Cavaliers won this trade.  The best player they got in this deal (Isaiah Thomas) may not be back until the all-star break and even when he comes back, he might not be 100%.  They also got a draft pick that does not help at all this upcoming season.  Jae Crowder is a good player, nothing more or less.  Meanwhile, the Celtics got by far the best player in this entire trade who is only 25 years of age and still improving.  

The Celtics just completed an off-season for the ages.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont see this, have a link?

Woj mentions here that Thomas won't be ready for the start of the season. Doesn't mention ASB here but think he said it in another video. Either that, or it was someone else who said it.

35 minutes ago, showtime said:

I have no clue how people are still saying the Cavaliers won this trade.  The best player they got in this deal (Isaiah Thomas) may not be back until the all-star break and even when he comes back, he might not be 100%.  They also got a draft pick that does not help at all this upcoming season.  Jae Crowder is a good player, nothing more or less.  Meanwhile, the Celtics got by far the best player in this entire trade who is only 25 years of age and still improving.  

The Celtics just completed an off-season for the ages.

Only one team can get the best player in a trade, that's kind of why they're considered the best.  The trade is a win for the Cavs as well, I think both teams won, is that not only do they have players that can help them right now in IT4 (Yes he's injured but he can provide some of the scoring lost from Kyrie) and Crowder who provides extra depth and defense which will give them more opportunities to rest LeBron with either time on the bench or switching him to a player requiring less defense to guard.  The pick and Zivic gives the Cavs protection against LeBron leaving for a 2nd time so that they can start a rebuild with a high pick immediately.

The Cavs made the best of possibly the worst situation they could be in right now.  Not only do they not know the future of LeBron, but the star player they would've wanted to build around if he did leave wanted out immediately.  So they got a deal done that lets them compete now and hedge their bets for LeBron leaving.  I can't see how that's a loss for Cleveland, nor can I say that the deal was a loss for Boston who got a star player that they lacked.

Also this off-season doesn't even touch LeBron returning to Cleveland where they got LeBron and Love.

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He played just fine last year when kyrie missed the first half of the year. 

Or when Kyrie and Love were out in the Finals 3 years ago.

The Regular season for the Cavs is just figuring out who plays well together for when LeBron needs to sit, which he'll probably do plenty of this year, maybe even more so than last year.  Let the team get accustomed to not playing with him on the court so when he does take a break they know what to do.

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Crowder needs to start at the 2. Shoot 3s and play defense. That's what they need next to rose and Lebron, not JR smith 

JR does both of those things. 

We need crowder off the bench. We never had a real backup for Lebron. I think crowder JR and Lebron will play a lot to end games together.