Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, titanrick said:

Buuuuut if it never got resolved, wouldn't he still be older?  o.O

Thanks for posting that, tt4life!  I still haven't heard whether that remaining cap figure takes into account our rookie class.  Don't we need to leave room to sign the rookies or could we theoretically sign someone for one year/$19M and then still be fine after the rookies are signed?

It doesn't include that... but we our rookie pool has been allocated.  Keep in mind that outside of the first couple of rounds, these rookies carry minimal cap hits.  As they go on the books, they kick off other contracts... and end up being a wash. 

For instance, Cruikshank had a cap hit of 550k last year.  Assuming a 4th rounder get 600k this year... he will bump off someone off the roster who's making more than him... Hroniss Grasu for instance is on the top 51at 720k.  So most of our rookies won't add to our cap expenditures.  They'll save us even more if they end up replacing someone like Sharpe or Bates.

We have enough money to sign another significant FA... or extend some of our guys this offseason. 

• Like 2

Shane's not good, but the Colts were good enough to win the division last season with no pass rush.  Adding Houston and Ray both definitely makes them a much, much better team.  On paper at least.

They've also got a ton of cap space still to play with.  Wouldn't shock me if they won the Suh sweepstakes by just offering him the most money by a wide margin.

Jordy que, there are still some pretty decent options to compete for a starting wr role opposite of CD84... 

Hogan, Garcon, Inman, DThomas are some of the guys that are still available. Garcon and Thomas are obviously coming off injuries, and e dint know what they have left... But could be good, bargain-ish options. I think Hogan and Inman could thrive as a reliable target for Mariota with  defenses focused on CD, AH, DW, and DH. 

Any of these 4 would add a veteran to the locker room, and would come in on a cheap contract to compete for a job... Not a guaranteed starting spot. 

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Jordy que, there are still some pretty decent options to compete for a starting wr role opposite of CD84... 

Hogan, Garcon, Inman, DThomas are some of the guys that are still available. Garcon and Thomas are obviously coming off injuries, and e dint know what they have left... But could be good, bargain-ish options. I think Hogan and Inman could thrive as a reliable target for Mariota with  defenses focused on CD, AH, DW, and DH. 

Any of these 4 would add a veteran to the locker room, and would come in on a cheap contract to compete for a job... Not a guaranteed starting spot. 

Hogan has no speed, my opinion we need explosive WR with big Catch radius & strong hands for Marcus. 

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

Shane's not good, but the Colts were good enough to win the division last season with no pass rush.  Adding Houston and Ray both definitely makes them a much, much better team.  On paper at least.

They've also got a ton of cap space still to play with.  Wouldn't shock me if they won the Suh sweepstakes by just offering him the most money by a wide margin.

Yeah, to be honest, I don’t believe we’ve done enough this offseason to overtake them just yet. On defense, Wake is a good addition, but it’s not like he’s going to be impactful on all 3 downs. We need someone on D-Line to be a game wrecker to help Casey out. If we can get Oliver or Wilkins in the draft, I may be more comfortable with the thought of overtaking the Colts. However, they have A TON of draft capital to work with so there going to be getting a lot better as well.

Them getting Houston hurt us bad IMO, especially if Conklin is out on roller skates again.

Saw it mentioned in the Titan mailbag but I wonder if we'll potentially add any AAF guys to compete for roster spots this fall.

For example, Rashad Ross is a WR (who played briefly in the NFL), who has lit it up so far over there. He's a homerun threat with big time speed and has return experience. Wouldn't mind giving him a shot to compete for the 5th or 6th WR spot.

6 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Hogan has no speed, my opinion we need explosive WR with big Catch radius & strong hands for Marcus. 

We still need to add that element... But that's just not happening in FA. All the guys I mentioned aren't burners.... Not by a long shot. But any of those could potentially uogrsde the starting spot opposite CD. 

Davis can stretch the field some... Walker, even with his limited speed, puts pressure on that deep middle seam. Hogan was considered a deep threat not too long ago and he's never been a burner. 

At this point, I'm just looking to add competition and improve the wr corps. It would not stop us from adding deep speed in FA. I'm really loving Butler if he falls to the 3rd.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He was never any good. He had 1 good statistical season, right? There was always something wrong about that guy though... IMO at least. He was my pre-Ramsey Ramsey. 

Yea he had injury after injury a torn groin & ankle problems.

22 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Honestly, the lack of urgency with the RG position has me thinking Conklin might seriously make a move to RG. I mean, what’s the % chance we take a G in Round 1 or Round 2? Defensive Line and OLB are so pressing, I just don’t know how we could take a G in Rd 1 or 2?

Or they’re comfortable in Pamphile, rookie, and Stinnie competing it out for the starting job. We don’t need a pro bowler at every spot. Just need players that don’t completely suck like Kline. Even in 08 when our line was dominant with studs at RT in Stewart, LT in Roos, C in Mawae, and a good player at RG in Scott, we had that bum Amano at RG. It’s oossible we take an interior guy but I think with the big signing of Saffold, RG will be a competition between the 3 I mentioned and I don’t see Conklin or Kelly apart of that since Robinson and Vrabel have said numerous times that they’re OTs. I’m honestly worried about Conklin at RT anyway. His rookie season was good but he also had a ton of help with Fasano and other TEs. I’ll give him a pass for last season because I do think he was brought back too early and wasn’t fully ready. Kelly is a solid player but who knows if when he gets multiple starts in a row that he won’t become exposed. I think we’re fine until the draft. As much as I like guys like Lindstrom, Bradbury, and McCoy, I think we have to target defense and receiver much earlier. Draft a 4th or 5th round guy to compete with Pamphile and Stinnie or possibly another vet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Or they’re comfortable in Pamphile, rookie, and Stinnie competing it out for the starting job. We don’t need a pro bowler at every spot. Just need players that don’t completely suck like Kline. Even in 08 when our line was dominant with studs at RT in Stewart, LT in Roos, C in Mawae, and a good player at RG in Scott, we had that bum Amano at RG. It’s oossible we take an interior guy but I think with the big signing of Saffold, RG will be a competition between the 3 I mentioned and I don’t see Conklin or Kelly apart of that since Robinson and Vrabel have said numerous times that they’re OTs. I’m honestly worried about Conklin at RT anyway. His rookie season was good but he also had a ton of help with Fasano and other TEs. I’ll give him a pass for last season because I do think he was brought back too early and wasn’t fully ready. Kelly is a solid player but who knows if when he gets multiple starts in a row that he won’t become exposed. I think we’re fine until the draft. As much as I like guys like Lindstrom, Bradbury, and McCoy, I think we have to target defense and receiver much earlier. Draft a 4th or 5th round guy to compete with Pamphile and Stinnie or possibly another vet.

JRob said that Conklin is a Tackle but the way he said it, he left open the possibility that Conklin at Guard could be an option